Help , help , help.

Options
Breakfast is super easy for me it's normally just granola and a yogurt for work and some water. But I need some ideas for lunch and dinner meal preps to get me through the week. No allergies , open to any ideas !

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You can pre-prepare meals and freeze/refrigerate them as appropriate. Fix a casserole or big pot of soup, stew or chili. Pre-wash and cut veggies. Use a slow cooker so dinner is ready when get home in the evening (if you have a day job or school).
  • Saelith
    Saelith Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I normally bake fish/chicken. Some green vegetables. And a side of sorts. szhlt2umi082.jpeg
    0vntb9rh0lwd.jpeg
    c3jsh74us4mm.jpeg

Stuffed chicken is a good one. That pic with the pasta is chicken stuffed with spinach and mozzarella, topped with a white wine garlic cream sauce. Super easy.
  • cassondraplass2020
    cassondraplass2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    They all look really good I might try some this week :) thank you.
  • chloemoir775
    chloemoir775 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi! I make this delicious salad every weekend to have for lunches during the week. Roast up a tray of vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potato, capsicum, carrot etc) then cook a pot of quinoa, and mix it all together. It is delicious cold with avocado!! :) x

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • cassondraplass2020
    cassondraplass2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be sure to check that out :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can pre-prepare meals and freeze/refrigerate them as appropriate. Fix a casserole or big pot of soup, stew or chili. Pre-wash and cut veggies. Use a slow cooker so dinner is ready when get home in the evening (if you have a day job or school).

Yep. I make something like a crustless quiche, or something for breakfasts for the week, and every weekend I make anywhere from 2-6 one pot meals (all different kinds of soup, stew, chili, casseroles, burritos, stuffed peppers, curries, etc) to portion and freeze so I have months worth of freezer meals at my disposal to just grab and go.
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try going to Pinterest and browsing around. You can find lots of meal prep recipes for cooking ahead or just normal recipes based on what you're looking for. Something that's fun to try is picking 1-3 things you want to incorporate into your meals for a given week. It could be something you like, something that is healthy, something you've never tried, or something on sale at the grocery store that you picked up. Then you can search for recipes with that certain thing and try different ways of cooking it.

Also, I'd suggest keeping track of the recipes you like for future use (either printing them out or using word documents or adding them to some website). It'll take some time at first but a year from now you'll have a ton of recipes that you've tried to draw from and add to.

Another tip. It doesn't have to be complicated, especially for lunches. Today, for example, I mixed a can of black beans, a can of chickpeas, a can of corn, a container of grape tomatoes (cut), and parsley into a big tupperware. I portioned it out and took a serving for today, then added half of an avocado. It was delicious and I can eat it for a couple of days (it's around 1,100 - 1,200 calories total without avocado so based on how many calories you want for lunch, you can portion it out each day). You could also add dressing to something like that (e.g. a bit of olive oil and lime juice) for more flavor or healthy fats.