Protein Powders

Options
This has probably been asked but I did not find it. I am looking for something to add to my oatmeal or make a smoothie that tastes good. Don't care if it is Vegan or not, just want good tasting (or at least not terrible tasting).

Thank you in advance for sharing your opinions.

Replies

• worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like Blue Bonnett clean Whey protein and for a plant based, Sunwarrior blend is good. I always tweak them and never use water... Plant based are not as smooth as the whey, but offer many benefits, so I use both.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Before you buy expensive things on the internet check your stores like Walmart or Target. This can save you a billion dollars.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition whey, they taste great (at least the few flavours I've tried) and aren't terribly expensive.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Whey protein powder. It's not chalky and blends well. That's one thing that I always struggle with when it comes to powders. It also blends well with liquids like water or coconut milk in a blender bottle. I also put it in my smoothies for that added protein and flavor. I believe they only have chocolate and vanilla but the chocolate is my favorite and the vanilla is a nice base to add other flavors to.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the info.
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I primarily use Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey (yellow label). Vanilla or chocolate tends to taste really good for smoothies with unsweetened almond milk, berries, banana, and peanut butter. Just using water or unsweetened almond milk for a quick protein shake....BPI and Powercrunch chocolate has the best tasting flavors overall.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I use Promasil 'Soft Serve Vanilla' and i love it.
    I also call it Bromasil for my own entertainment.
  • smilezishere
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »

I've been using Optimum Nutrition for over 10 years now but I like to keep different proteins on the side. May have to try this one.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    EAS 100% whey. I like chocolate
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I've been using Optimum Nutrition for over 10 years now but I like to keep different proteins on the side. May have to try this one.

This sounds like you're having an affair with your protein...
  • Herbforme
    Herbforme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has probably been asked but I did not find it. I am looking for something to add to my oatmeal or make a smoothie that tastes good. Don't care if it is Vegan or not, just want good tasting (or at least not terrible tasting).

I love Herbalife 's Protein drink mix. It test so good ! Very easy to use mix it in water, juice or with Herbalife Formula 1. My favorite are Formula 1(Caffe latte) and vanilla protein drink mix.
  • puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Probably not what you mean but I use Jiff brand powder peanut butter in my oatmeal not exactly a protein powder but it does add protein plus it tastes delicious.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    PEScience in snickerdoodle! Only if you have a sweet tooth though.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ON rocks. Go to Costco and get it. Cheapest there.
  • smilezishere
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Hahahaha that's true. Ssshhh! Don't tell anyone ;)
  • MontanaDee
    MontanaDee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like Herbalife protein powder. Whey and soy. Mixes smooth with no chalky taste or texture. You can also put it in baked goods, use it to thicken soups and add nutrients, and you can make great no bake protein bars-my fav involves cookies & cream powder, honey, covonut and almonds!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    So much great advice. Thank you!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Now now, he's just looking at the menu. for now. *wink*
  • smilezishere
    Options

Now now, he's just looking at the menu. for now. *wink*

LOL exactly. Just browsing =)
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    I use Six Star chocolate. 30g of protein in a 38g serving size, and only 3g carbs.

I add 6oz 1% milk, 1/2 a frozen banana (55 grams), a tablespoon of ground flax seed, and a tablespoon of peanut butter for a meal replacement shake when the mood or need arises. 375 calories, 42g protein, 30g carbs, 5g fiber, and 12g fat.