Noob here! Wish me luck!

Options
Hi guys! I'm Ashley, 32, mom of 3 and 2 stepkids, from Arkansas. Just getting started and hoping to lose 43 lbs (lost 4 of that so far), and get my figure back. I'm tired of having a mom butt! Lol! I want to say I'll exercise, but I'll pretty much a couch potato, besides the usual chasing my 11 month old around and running errands all over town. Right now I'm taking it slow... Less eating, watching what I eat, and that's about it. I now have diabetes, as well as other health issues, so I'm just tired of this lifestyle and who I've become. Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Replies

• ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I know you will do it..
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You can do little things when it comes to being at home and running errands. Try to NOT be on the couch as much. Get up and just pace around during commercials (if you're watching TV) or find a quick exercise routine you can do in the commercial breaks. When you're doing errands, park as far as possible so you have to walk more. Little steps can add up.

But exercise is not needed for weight loss, it is all about the calories.

Wish you the best!
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    You can do little things when it comes to being at home and running errands. Try to NOT be on the couch as much. Get up and just pace around during commercials (if you're watching TV) or find a quick exercise routine you can do in the commercial breaks. When you're doing errands, park as far as possible so you have to walk more. Little steps can add up.

Wish you the best!

Exactly.. my elder bro started doing the same as he is about 300lbs to workout but doing so he lost about 30 lbs in 7 months..
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »

Wish you the best!

Thank you soooo much for the helpful advice! Very awesome ideas! I'm going I've I see results it'll motivate me to be more active too.
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    The hardest thing really is making myself eat right now. I'm on a medication that suppresses my appetite, so I'm not hungry all day,until dinnertime. And I know it's not good to NOT eat.
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    Options
    The hardest thing really is making myself eat right now. I'm on a medication that suppresses my appetite, so I'm not hungry all day,until dinnertime. And I know it's not good to NOT eat.

Try eating less carbs as if you eat food with lot of carbs it makes your brain thinks that you are still hungry..

Greek yogurt, apples, spinach, sprouts are good... and believe me once you eat these foods you will feel less hungry

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with only eating at dinner as long as you are getting the correct amount of calories. I currently wake up at 6:00AM and exercise, go to work and have nothing but water until around 11:30-12:00. I will then have a fruit smoothie. From there, I don't eat anything until sometime between 6:00-9:00PM. I'm just not hungry. But it's fine as long as I get my calories in.

If you really only want to eat at dinner, try to get calorie dense things such as olive oil, avocados, peanut butter, etc. in your meal to make sure you get enough calories.
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Ahhh OK! I've always just heard its bad to go all day without eating, but that makes perfect sense!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options

Try eating less carbs as if you eat food with lot of carbs it makes your brain thinks that you are still hungry..

Greek yogurt, apples, spinach, sprouts are good... and believe me once you eat these foods you will feel less hungry

Got it! Thank you! :smiley:
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new lifestyle and your current progress. Keep it going and reach out to us if you need help!
  • BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. The road is tough but you're strong and you can do it!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you already on Pinterest? It gives you so much information about diabetes and the foods that can be of positive influences. I read loads of articles and blogs from people with gluten allergies for example.
    Also I saw this cool list what to do during commercial breaks, sooo funny so a real good idea mentioned by clobern80 ! well, by the time I have my act for myself together, I started just Monday, I will start posting lots of healthy foods, so hopefully youll find something to get your appetite back.
    In the meanwhile, good luck with your health and medicines and when you want to see some of my boards on Pinterest, look for Odile Horjus (gives you a lot of advice why it is good to eat the whole day, keeps the metabolism better running etc. etc.) bye
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Odilerubia wrote: »
    Are you already on Pinterest? It gives you so much information about diabetes and the foods that can be of positive influences. I read loads of articles and blogs from people with gluten allergies for example.
    Also I saw this cool list what to do during commercial breaks, sooo funny so a real good idea mentioned by clobern80 ! well, by the time I have my act for myself together, I started just Monday, I will start posting lots of healthy foods, so hopefully youll find something to get your appetite back.
    In the meanwhile, good luck with your health and medicines and when you want to see some of my boards on Pinterest, look for Odile Horjus (gives you a lot of advice why it is good to eat the whole day, keeps the metabolism better running etc. etc.) bye

Will do! Thank you!
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Thank you!