Diet Plan trouble

Options
DaveyJ343
DaveyJ343 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

Wondering if you can help with my diet atm:

Meal 1 - 4 Turkey Sausages (unhealthy, maybe, but low in calories and high in protein)

snack - 1 apple

Meal 2 - 167g pork mince & passata, 100g of Pasta

Meal 3 - 300g Chicken Breast, 125g white rice, handful of steamed brocolli

Gym - ~45mins weightlifting (4times/week) and 15 mins of cardio (3times/wee)

Is this bad? Is it good?
It seems good, i feel good but i don't know how this will help with weight loss, i lost 6lbs last week and i suspect that was water weight. I have lost nothing so far this week. The cardio will increase in frequency and duration over the course of the next few months. Currently 300lbs trying to lose 100lbs this year.

Help and advice would be appreciated, cheers :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How many calories is that? Where did you get your calorie goal from? Honestly, this doesn't seem like very much food for someone who is working out and 300 pounds.
  • DaveyJ343
    DaveyJ343 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It comes out at around 1600/1700, could add eggs to the breakfast. My bmr (apparently) is 2600 so im just trying to eat 2000 or below really
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    DaveyJ343 wrote: »
    It comes out at around 1600/1700, could add eggs to the breakfast. My bmr (apparently) is 2600 so im just trying to eat 2000 or below really

Your BMR is less important to your weight loss than your TDEE. Your BMR is what you burn just from being alive. But you burn more than that. You exercise and you probably move around for daily life too.

Adding more to the breakfast could be helpful. There is no reason to have just a handful of broccoli (unless that's all you want). It's easy to restrict a lot at the beginning of a plan -- but if you keep exercising, you may find yourself getting really hungry or tired.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    DaveyJ343 wrote: »

Your BMR is less important to your weight loss than your TDEE. Your BMR is what you burn just from being alive. But you burn more than that. You exercise and you probably move around for daily life too.

Adding more to the breakfast could be helpful. There is no reason to have just a handful of broccoli (unless that's all you want). It's easy to restrict a lot at the beginning of a plan -- but if you keep exercising, you may find yourself getting really hungry or tired.

Yes
    How many calories is that? Where did you get your calorie goal from? Honestly, this doesn't seem like very much food for someone who is working out and 300 pounds.

and Yes

You need to eat more. I'd probably add more veggies and fruit first and foremost.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    More veg
    Dairy
    More meat
    More calories
    More taste
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You plan on eating like this every single day?!?!
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think what you want is to lose fat, right? You're weight lifting and doing cardio which is awesome. Keep it up! :) you should probably eat closer to 3000 or 4000 calories I imagine if you want to build muscle but still lose fat. More protein and veggies and carbs that will fill you up, like oatmeal or potatoes or rice....not donuts, although donuts or cookies are ok if you can make them fit your macros.
    I eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight and I'm ~135 pounds. You have to be able to maintain your diet for the long term not just for a week or month or year. Like rabbitjb says. More meat, more veggies (and fruit) more calories more taste! :) congratulations on deciding to get healthier!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Where is the veg? I'd be starving on that and I'm a short female.