Changing your profile pic throws me off!

Options
tmacs
tmacs Posts: 60
So, I (like I'm sure many of you) have a lot of MFP friends that I don't know in "real life." With that being said, I'm completely thrown off when you change your profile pic! I'm like wait, who was that? It's funny, unlike facebook where you know your friends by name, I don't know a lot of my MFP friends by name...anyway, just thought I'd share in my frustration! LOL! I kinda want to change my pic since I've had it since day one, but I don't want anyone to forget who I am :).

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    hahahahah sometimes I feel the same way !
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    LOL! that's true!!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Hang on.....now who are you again? LOL
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I wish they would work on a better profile photo page. Maybe something where you can add a description and larger photos? I love looking through people's photos but get frustrated when they are so little and I don't know what milestone it is. Know what I mean?
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I wish they would work on a better profile photo page. Maybe something where you can add a description and larger photos? I love looking through people's photos but get frustrated when they are so little and I don't know what milestone it is. Know what I mean?

And a like button so I can like this reply! lol
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Glad Im not crazy!!! I thought I was the only person that had that problem!!!
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    sorry i forgot who you are?
  • bjohs
    Options
    And a like button so I can like this reply! lol

Absolutely! It is so much easier to LIKE something than have to write out a comment all the time. This site still has a way to go to be easier to use... but I still love it!
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Right! That's why I introduce myself by using my name. I noticed there are people who choose to not show their faces on some of profiles as well, what's up with that???

Ant'
  • bjohs
    Options
    Right! That's why I introduce myself by using my name. I noticed there are people who choose to not show their faces on some of profiles as well, what's up with that???

Ant'

I suppose it is for privacy. They are on a journey to lose weight and some may be embarrassed or uncomfortable sharing "who" they are.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Ant'

I suppose it is for privacy. They are on a journey to lose weight and some may be embarrassed or uncomfortable sharing "who" they are.

No, it is not embarrassement (I reached my goal few months ago), it is privacy. I don't post pictures on social networks, and since this is the only one that I belong to (no Facebook for me), having roses from my garden in my profile feels OK to me.

By the way, I do change the pictures all the time, specially if a new rose opened up. :flowerforyou:
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options
    Hang on.....now who are you again? LOL

EXACTLY! LOL
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    <
    I look like this all the time.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    haha sorry!
  • bjohs
    Options
    No, it is not embarrassement (I reached my goal few months ago), it is privacy. I don't post pictures on social networks, and since this is the only one that I belong to (no Facebook for me), having roses from my garden in my profile feels OK to me.

My apologies. I surely didn't mean it was solely based on embarrassment. Just that some people may not wish to post their photos until they are ready. Others do it for personal privacy, like you do. Whatever the reason, it is up to the individual if they wish to show anything in their profile pic. My husband uses a cartoon character. :)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I have had to click on the name more than once to look at the old pics and figure it out.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am careful about who I have on my friends. I remember names, not pictures. If a strange picture shows up, a quick look at the name reminds me who they are. :)