rant about a rant =]

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
If i'm 135 pounds and been working out my ENTIRE LIFE & i've never been 'overweight' in my entire life, and I still think working out is difficult and a DAILY challenge, it makes me wonder how people who have gone years without working out feel the first time they step into the gym or just go on a ten min walk.

All I know, is I give MAJOR MAJOR props to anyone doing ANY activity, even if they are walking for 5 or 10 min.
Not everyone is going to be running or lifting or cycling or swimming because they don't feel comfortable with their abilities or maybe they just don't want to.
People should feel proud about moving their bodies, and I don't want anyone on here to be discouraged for a forum I saw eariler posted about this.

Everyone should keep moving & logging whatever exercise they want =] !

Replies

• snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Totally agree with your first paragraph. They are a huge inspiration and I applaud them!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Here here!!!!

Anyone who makes an effort and starts working towards a better tomorrow is to be commended!
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    AGREED!!!!! Thank you for this!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think I know the post, and I'm still fuming over it!!! I agree, kudos to anyone who gets moving no matter how small.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    agreeee!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Thank you!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere. And take it from someone who was once 220 lbs and couldn't walk around the block without being out of breath... it is ridiculously hard to start, and incredibly easy to get discouraged when you can't do the things you wish you could do, or the things that other people tell you that you should be doing.

In my opinion, anyone who is here, logging, and trying deserves encouragement.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I must have missed that post, but well said!! Totally agree with you!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You asked how it felt when someone who's been a couch potato for years started exercising for the first time. In a word: awful!

A few months ago, I started doing the Wii Fit, and I remember the first time I did the Island Run, which is jogging in place for not even 5 minutes. I never thought I was going to make it, and could never figure out who would choose to do a 'free run.' Well, I worked at it, and finally, I was able to do a 10 minute "run". It was the longest "mile" for me, and I celebrated the NSV with you on this site. I finally worked my way up to 30 minutes. I tried to transition to "real" running outside, but failed miserably. I shared this heartache with you, too. I have somewhat fallen off the exercise wagon, but still find time to do an occasional Wii Zumba and Free Run. And yes, I mow the lawn!

I can empathize with those who struggle to walk 5 minutes, or take the stairs, and applaud them for every step that they take to get healthier!

I just wanted to thank my MFP friends that have celebrated my NSV victories with me and have also shared in my exercise heartaches. Without you, I would not be where I am today -- halfway to my goal!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just read a post that you are probably ranting about and I can't believe what I just read in that post! I've been 230 lbs and could barely make it to the mailbox without being out of breath. Any thing that gets your heart rate up counts! I counted cleaning tonight because I was sweating when I was done. I did Wii boxing last week and wore my HRM and logged the calories that it said I burned. Yes, my weight loss has been slower than I would like (i've had a few days where I just didn't log and had binge days) but I am working to be a healthier person.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Can someone link me to the topic?
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you :smile:
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    agreed! thank you:)
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I saw that first post, and I totally agree with you!