good healthy protein bars

Options
There are many protein bars loaded with processed sugar, carbs, and fat. I am looking for a tasty, not too expensive option. It would be great to be as natural/organic as possible.

thanks so much!

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I would love an answer to that too all I have found are processed foods and tons of calories in them I am tempted to make my own.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    There are many protein bars loaded with processed sugar, carbs, and fat. I am looking for a tasty, not too expensive option. It would be great to be as natural/organic as possible.

thanks so much!

Organic Food bar - Protein bars are awesome and Amazing Grass - chocolate organic protein bars are great too... they're both all natural and taste really good. no processed/synthetic taste to them at all. I pick mine up from the vitamin shoppe. They not much more expensive then the other protein bars out there. Have you tried making your own from scratch?
  • noefs
    noefs Posts: 1
    Options
    Try Quest Protein Bars
    www.questproteinbar.com
  • liz4fit
    liz4fit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars hands down. Thats the good stuff!!
  • CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Usana makes a yummy protein bar
  • crunchygirl
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Organic Food bar - Protein bars are awesome and Amazing Grass - chocolate organic protein bars are great too... they're both all natural and taste really good. no processed/synthetic taste to them at all. I pick mine up from the vitamin shoppe. They not much more expensive then the other protein bars out there. Have you tried making your own from scratch?
    [/quote]

no, do you have a good recipe. I would love to make some.
  • CalicoBfit
    Options
    Try Pure Protein while not organic they are lower in calores than anything else I 've found. And they are only 6 grams of fat and 20g of protein.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I love the P90X protein bars, and they are very filling
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

thanks so much!

I don't think you'll find too many protein bars that aren't processed. I keep my intake to a min: one per day. And I treat it as my dessert for the day, since I'm low carb. I usually eat an Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter bar. It was 19g protein, 1g sugar, and 2g NET carbs.
  • crunchygirl
    Options

Which is better- vanilla almond crunch or peanut butter supreme?
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Which is better- vanilla almond crunch or peanut butter supreme?

Bump! I'd like to know
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

no, do you have a good recipe. I would love to make some.

They bars I mentioned earlier are cold pressed too... so they're still in their natural form. But here's a recipe I was just given from a fellow MFPer. I haven't tried it yet, but she eats them all the time, so they seem pretty tasty. She gave me two different variations:

3C. quaker oats
    4T honey
    8T reduced fat peanut butter
    4 scoops protein

OR

4 scoops protein
    14 T peanut butter
    6 T honey
    1/2 to 1/3 Rice Krispies

Either recipe, I put them in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan, and then cut them into 18 servings...
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars are pretty good and all natural ingredients. They have cashew cookie bar and the ingredients are dates and cashews.
    Then they have a chocolate brownie. I find them in Wal-Mart in the grocery section.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Where are the recipes for the home made ones???
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars! They use all natural ingredients and they taste great. :)
  • niresupernova
    Options
    Clif bars are pretty good, chocolate chip is my favorite. They are 70% organic and pretty inexpensive if you get them from Target.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a protein bar, DON'T go with a Lara bar. They're not even organic.
    Luna bar just came out with a Luna Protein bar. it's gluten free and certified organic. They are SO DELICIOUS. There are quite a few flavors on trial right now, like chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate brownie, chocolate cherry almond (one of my faves), and chocolate peanut butter (my first fave). I HIGHLY recommend these.. they taste great, the texture is fluffy and they are filling. Clocking it around 170-190 cals a bar, they are great inbetween meals or when you can't seem to find anything to eat somewhere for awhile.
    Amazon has some good deals, or you can look for them at your local grocery store: http://www.amazon.com/Luna-Protein-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter/dp/B004CK79NA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308202936&sr=8-2