Thoughts on chow mien while on a cut

Options
Looking at the macros it doesn't look so bad. I'm having 'fantastic chow mein' and it has 61/13.3/2.3 per serving (116). Is it something okay to have everyday?

Replies

• AimNfire
    AimNfire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Micros are one of the fantastic ways to track your food intake composition but if you are on a cut diet, i would suggest you to stop eating the 'fantastic chow mein' even if it has 116 calories per serving. The reason being that it is not the amount of fat you are having but it also matters if it is the good fat or the bad one. Chow mein has the bad fat which can ruin your cutting plans drastically. You can still have it once or maybe twice in a fortnight but daily, DON'T DO THAT EVER!!! .
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    "good" or "bad" fat has no effect on weight loss, both kinds contain 9 calories / gram.
  • LetsDoThis141
    LetsDoThis141 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add AimNfire it's c/p/f. I thought it would be fine to eat because it's ratio aswell as its rather low GI (55 which is medium) which keeps me hella full with the added 100+ grams of vegetables. I'm just wondering if it would destroy my insides as packet ramen/noodles does.