Friends? :)

Options
jess_fitlife
jess_fitlife Posts: 14 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!
I'm on MFP to assist in my weight loss goals. My short term is to loose 3lbs a week, 12lbs a month and long term is to lose 80lbs in 10 months. I have been a little chubby since I was in middle school but, most of my weight packed on after high school. I feel like I kind of settled, I told myself that this is just how I am. Recently, I have been going through a lot of medical problems (none due to my weight) and it finally clicked... This is not just how I am, this is how I have allowed myself to be. I'm responsible for every crappy day I've had in a dressing room, every uncomfortable summer in a swimming suit, everything I've limited myself from doing because I "can't". I'm over it! I'm in the first phase of this journey, I'm learning what I really CAN do! Join me, let's motivate each other, let's share our struggles and our victories! :)

Replies

• starbuckaddict
    starbuckaddict Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're totally ready to take on the world. Your post pumped me up to be honest. I'm really interactive on here if you want to be friends :)
  • jess_fitlife
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks! I sent you a request ;)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    that is an extremely aggressive goal. By losing weight that fast you're going to lose a lot of muscle.
  • RSavage83
    RSavage83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very aggressive... I've lost 50 lbs or so over the last year... originally I wanted 2 lbs per week but I fell into a more comfortable and sustainable lifestyle rather than a restrictive diet I can't maintain. Unless you are morbidly obese it's highly unlikely you'll maintain 3lbs/week loss... unless you plan on exercising to the extreme and not eating back some of your calories. Either way you may be setting yourself up for a crash and burn out... try getting used to a healthier lifestyle and you'll enjoy losing the weight and keeping it off so much more :)
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. one can always have another friend,
  • quinnamy99
    quinnamy99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can use friends. I.am new on here. Try to. Lose weight
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smiley: feel free to add me. My first goal is to loose 50 lbs...about half way there
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You do have big goals and so do I but remember it may not be 3lbs each week as long as your working at it don't let the scale stop you. Sometimes you need to look at the monthly loss.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

But I, like others, seem to think 3lb is a bit extreme.

That requires a deficit of 1500 calories a day, every day. Just so your aware.
  • mdev14
    mdev14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 20-30 lbs and I set my goal to do just that in 3 months so add me :)
  • jess_fitlife
    Options
    Hey friends,
    Thanks for all of your comments. I know my goal is aggressive and I'm definitely not a crash dieter. I've lost 30lbs through healthy clean eating and exercise prior to this goal. I currently weigh 250lbs and I usually lose about 2-3lbs per week. My overall goal to lose 80lbs in 10 months, requires an 8lb weightloss per month. Normally I burn between 700-1000 calories in my workout and am consuming enough calories to keep a healthy balance. This is indeed a lifestyle change for me and a battle I think I will always have to fight. I wish you all success in your journies!