Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown

Options
I've done this DVD 3x now and I absolutely love it. I have bad knees and a bad ankle. I've heard lots of comments about Jillian being a killer on the knees so I was worried. Tthought I'd give this one a try ($10 at Walmart). It kicks my butt everytime and I sweat like crazy. There are 2 levels and I've been doing Level 1. It may be a while before I get to Level 2. Just wanted to share how I liked it - lots of folks have been asking.

Do you do any Jillian DVD's? Would you recommend any of them?

Replies

• RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I <3 Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (take the easier versions if you have bad knees) and No More Trouble Zones. I just started 6 week 6 pack and def will have one when I am done!!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have carpal tunnel and I have a hard time with any of her moves that involve putting pressure on my wrists (which is a LOT) but I brave it, to a point. I LOVE her Six week abs, No more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism and Ripped in 30 DVDs. I also have her yoga meltdown and 30 day shred.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just started Shred It and really enjoyed it today!

I've done level 1 and 2 on 30DS and like it, but it kills my knees.

I tried 6week 6pack and just couldn't really get into it but I think it's because you do a round and then go back and start over. I like 30ds and shred it because she does the circuits in it.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to tackle Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I was doing okay for a stretch, had about 7 days with a day of rest in between workout day 4 and 5, then fell off the wagon for a few days. Oops! Started it back up last night. :o) I know your supposed to do it 30 days in a row, but I want my body to have a day off once a week to recoup & let my muscles have a chance to do their thing. I don't want to just loose fat... I want the toned up look as well. I don't mind a little definition here and there! LOL!!

Enjoy the day! :o)
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I completely love her Yoga Meltdown workout. It's my favorite. I tried 30 Day Shred, but it caused me a lot of knee pain. So YM is my go-to dvd workout. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm so old school...I like the original Biggest Loser cardio and power sculpt dvds (the one with people from season 3 and 4, I think).

I also have 30DS and it definitely helps me push myself, but I like the original Jillian who was better at targeting all of the muscle groups (especially during warmup and cool down - knee circles are bad! Don't do them!!) and who was better at explaining exercise science. I feel like the older BL dvds were written by an exercise team, and these Jillian-only ones are only Jillian and have less sound anatomical principles behind them.

I am thinking about Yoga Meltdown though for days when I don't want to pound my joints so much...