19 year old bodybuilder stopping by to say hello :)

Decided to stop by to say hello.

A little info about me, I started lifting last year, and this year I got really serious. When I set a goal, I don't care what gets in my way, I will accomplish my goals no matter what. I'm from Toronto, Ontario but I'm living in Ottawa, Ontario at the moment. I've been using MFP for a long time but wasn't really aware of the community.

I also believe in a clean eating approach (lean protein, grains, fruits, and vegetables, healthy fats, no processed food or table sugar), which this mindset has allow me to drop almost 30 pounds (from 155-129) in 3 months. Now I'm looking to build muscle, and over the past month I've put on about 15 pounds of muscle and only 5 pounds fat. (From 129-146.6 so far) Ask me anything, introduce yourself, add me, share stories, whatever :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    As a young guy who is new into lifting you will gain lean mass quickly, but 15 pounds in a month is not possible. A couple in water and 2, maybe even 3, pounds of muscle per month.
  • BboyDfresh
    BboyDfresh Posts: 8 Member
    Probably. All I know is I didn't get too fat :p
  • usmcmp
    How tall are you?

Some of what you've gained is possibly the lean mass you lost when you dropped 26 pounds in 3 months.
  • BboyDfresh
    BboyDfresh Posts: 8 Member
    5"7
  • usmcmp
    I'm going to suggest that you maintain your current weight for 3-6 months. You dropped a bunch of weight in 3 months and now your weight has shot back up in a month. Maintain weight and follow a progressive lifting routine.