Garage Gym - Help Me Give Up Soda!

Options
Built a crossfit box in my garage. Got my rower today. Looking for some others who share my goal of cutting soda! Hardest thing I've ever tried to do!

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    For me, on Tuesday December 29th 2015 I told myself I was going to stop, and I haven't had one since. This is coming from a guy who would fill up a 100oz jug daily plus more. I just told myself I wanted it, and I did it. I replaced it with some sugar free drinks and haven't looked back.

Wish I could be of more help.
  • missjamie_lee
    missjamie_lee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is the one thing I struggle the most with SODA!!! I am literally addicted to it! I'm hoping to build a garage CrossFit gym by the end of the year! I wish I could quit cold turkey, I've tried with no success!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Preperation for me is the key.....I have a routine I take my own water bottles to work with me, I wont drink from water fountains as I have seen inside them, if not looked after there bad.....so for me taking my own water to work was the only option (or pay £1.20 for a bottle from canteen) I would begrudge paying so much for bottles that I buy pop instead (soda to you yanks) as it was 1/3 cheaper......fk knows why that is.....

Anyway, I 1/4 fill a bottle of water, then put this in the freezer to freeeze, (lay it on its side is best) then before work I fill the bottles one with water, one I also add some sugar free juice, this gives me clean fresh water to drink all day at work and itrs cold from the 1/4 thats frozen, In summer I freeze a full bottle as that then thaws later still giving me cold water to drink, the bottles also keep my packed lunch cool.....

If I did not take my own then I would still be drinking pop

I now just have the odd can at weekend, but drinking water made a massive difference to me, sounds silly but I have more energy.....

Only issue i the extra bathroom trips, esspecially in the night....lol

Good luck all
  • raecollins79
    raecollins79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drank nothing but pop for years and it's been almost 2 weeks since I've had one. I switched to juice first so I still had the sweet flavor, but now I just drink green tea and water. You can do it!!
  • nosoda2014
    nosoda2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice/encouragement! I made it through today, so one day in the books!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Quit it if you like. If not, it's not a total detriment. Personally for me, diet soda has been part of my diet for over 25 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png