Struggling

Options
Hey,
I'm currently struggling with what to eat to help me loose some weight, I only really want to loose around a stone and then to tone up.

Just recently I've started to struggle with eating meat, or when it come to dinner time I just want to throw it in the bin.
I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I LOVE pasta :/
Can any one help me on meals I can eat and cook between jobs
Thanks
Becca

Replies

• cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can try eating brown rice with a side of meat you like along with some leafy greens/steamed veggies.
  • beccashelton1994
    beccashelton1994 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hun will try that :)
  • valeriagarcia42
    valeriagarcia42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    red skin potatoes with minced garlic and sliced onion and a little Spritz of olive oil. Baked chicken breast you can flavor it any way just no salt. And a side of veggies. I snack on almonds, some veggies during the day I'll take a screen shot of today's meals. They're easy to prepare especially since I cook lunches for my bf and sister in law to take to work.
  • beccashelton1994
    Options
    Sounds nice! Will have a look into that thankyou
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can eat pasta and still lose weight. I live in Italy and people are thin. You don't have alot to lose, so it will go slowly and you will have to be precise with your calorie counting. Eat a smaller portion of pasta (I fix myself 50g + veggies and 1 tsp olive oil). Usually I fix my carb for lunch, and do my protein in the evening. Good luck. Oh, and don't wait to "tone up". You can get started now.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love pasta! And you can eat it and still lose weight and tone up. If you're worried you will eat too much of it, eat some salad first.
    As far as recipes goes feel free to check out my blog here on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GsKiki I have been sharing recipes there and add more every week.
    They are all around 300 kcal, and full of flavour! Most of them is also really great to make in batches and then freeze, if you don't have a lot of time too cook.
    Good luck :)
  • snowflake954
    Options
    You can eat pasta and still lose weight. I live in Italy and people are thin. You don't have alot to lose, so it will go slowly and you will have to be precise with your calorie counting. Eat a smaller portion of pasta (I fix myself 50g + veggies and 1 tsp olive oil). Usually I fix my carb for lunch, and do my protein in the evening. Good luck. Oh, and don't wait to "tone up". You can get started now.

Forgot to mention, the 50g of pasta is dry weight brfore cooking.
  • beccashelton1994
    Options
    BrillIant thanks guys! Oh I had been doing some toning work whilst doing plenty of cardio. Just need to get my meals worked out thanks for the pasta advice hehe can't live with out it lol
  • DianaEhnen2016
    DianaEhnen2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BrillIant thanks guys! Oh I had been doing some toning work whilst doing plenty of cardio. Just need to get my meals worked out thanks for the pasta advice hehe can't live with out it lol

Forgot to mention, the 50g of pasta is dry weight brfore cooking.

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Focus on adding more vegetables to every meal. And eat those before your pasta. Do you like beans? They are a great meat substitute, super cheap and easy to make. Even from canned beans. Lentils are awesome too. Red lentils w/sweet potato and red curry paste and a splash of coconut milk is my new favorite. Tons of recipes everywhere. And of course you can still have pasta or any food you like.. moderation / portion control.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Focus on adding more vegetables to every meal. And eat those before your pasta. Do you like beans? They are a great meat substitute, super cheap and easy to make. Even from canned beans. Lentils are awesome too. Red lentils w/sweet potato and red curry paste and a splash of coconut milk is my new favorite. Tons of recipes everywhere. And of course you can still have pasta or any food you like.. moderation / portion control.

My "pasta fagioli" (pasta with beans) is a favorite at my house.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As others have said I would still have the pasta, just add a ton of veggies with it, chopped up courgette, tomatoes mushrooms, pepper or salad all work well. I reduced my pasta portion size from 75g dry weight to 50 and I still feel full (just not that omg just had a huge bowl of pasta bloated full).
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    As others have said I would still have the pasta, just add a ton of veggies with it, chopped up courgette, tomatoes mushrooms, pepper or salad all work well. I reduced my pasta portion size from 75g dry weight to 50 and I still feel full (just not that omg just had a huge bowl of pasta bloated full).

This exactly, is what I do. It works really well. I also make whole wheat pasta with tomatoes and green olives and add no oil. It's very good and filling.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How about high fiber pasta? If pasta is what you love to eat, the Ronzoni Smart Taste spaghetti is filling and fiber rich and (bonus!) tastes just like regular. Make a nice meat sauce with lots of veggies to go with, or top with chicken breast for a <500 cal meal.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    GsKiki wrote: »
    I love pasta! And you can eat it and still lose weight and tone up. If you're worried you will eat too much of it, eat some salad first.
    As far as recipes goes feel free to check out my blog here on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GsKiki I have been sharing recipes there and add more every week.
    They are all around 300 kcal, and full of flavour! Most of them is also really great to make in batches and then freeze, if you don't have a lot of time too cook.
    Good luck :)

Just had a look at your blog and I'll definitely be trying some of your recipes. Thank you for sharing
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't eat meat then!
  • GlimmeringB52
    GlimmeringB52 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The MyFitnessPal blog has a lot of high-protein recipes that don't include meat. Bean chili, Butternut Squash lasagna, lentil soup. So tasty! Also, try finding vegetarian IFFYM recipes. They are high in protein and healthy fats. Not so low in carbs, but the carbs they do have are complex and good for you.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    When I make pasta at home (which my kids love) I'll do half pasta and half veggies, and sauce. The sauce is what I really want anyway, and if I do bland steam veggies, it's just as good.
  • beccashelton1994
    Options
    Alright smart *kitten*, I like meat I've just gone off it that's all!!
    Thanks every one else for you're help I shall deffo try doing some of this, I've been adding a little bit of meat back into my food, chicken mostly as its great with sauces I find.
    Hehe, bebeisfit I hate beans, worst things I can eat lol! Will deffo try with veggies and things too thanks guys.
    Tofuli wrote: »
    Don't eat meat then!

• Rwalkowski
    Rwalkowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    How about high fiber pasta? If pasta is what you love to eat, the Ronzoni Smart Taste spaghetti is filling and fiber rich and (bonus!) tastes just like regular. Make a nice meat sauce with lots of veggies to go with, or top with chicken breast for a <500 cal meal.