10lbs

Options
Is it healthy to lost 10lbs a month

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Depends on your starting weight. If you're obese to begin with, then it's probably not harmful. If you only overweight or closer to your normal weight range, then it's probably unhealthy.
  • aaliyahcookali331
    aaliyahcookali331 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok so that should be a monthly goal. I am 230 I want to be 150
  • aaliyahcookali331
    Options
    Depends on your starting weight. If you're obese to begin with, then it's probably not harmful. If you only overweight or closer to your normal weight range, then it's probably unhealthy.

• txkat3
    txkat3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how your body loses weight. I have always been a plateau/crasher. I'll stay the same weight for two or three weeks, then suddenly drop 3-5 lbs in a couple days. 10 lb a month is very reasonable for your starting weight. Once you get down around 180 or so, it'll slow down. I'd plan a year to lose 80 lb. I was 209 last February and 129 this morning.
  • syrisdarling
    syrisdarling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so that should be a monthly goal. I am 230 I want to be 150

I dropped 10 pound just from cutting out a lot of restaurants in the first two weeks, from then it has been a steady 1 pound a week sort of deal (and that with exercising 3days a week and overall healthy life style). You will reach that point as well so about 4 pounds a month after that huge initial weight drop you will have.
  • aaliyahcookali331
    Options
    txkat3 wrote: »
    It really depends on how your body loses weight. I have always been a plateau/crasher. I'll stay the same weight for two or three weeks, then suddenly drop 3-5 lbs in a couple days. 10 lb a month is very reasonable for your starting weight. Once you get down around 180 or so, it'll slow down. I'd plan a year to lose 80 lb. I was 209 last February and 129 this morning.

Congrats on the weight lost!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is too high for the amount you want to lose.

Put your stats in the app and put your goal to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week. That is a safe deficit for the amount you wish to lose. Less and you could have health problems.

Eat those calories, weigh your solids with a digital scale, liquids with cups and spoons, and 59-75% of calories that you burn through exercise if you are logging them through MFP.

Re your other post- above explains your eating at a deficit.

Exercise is for health, you are supposed to eat those calories back; that is how MFP is set up.

Cheers, h.