Best me in 2016 HELP

Options
sara1984
sara1984 Posts: 15 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Good evening, any powerball winners?
Ha, back to reality. I jumped back onto the bandwagon before new years for two reasons. One, I didn't want to be one of those resolution followers. #2 I got sick on Christmas and it was easy to eat healthy after only eating soup for 5 days. Talk about reboot. Now, I am eating healthier but am utterly lost. I use to do Paleo (please don't judge ). I had great results. Now I see all this about IIFYM , zone diet, blocks, santaria, leaps and bounds etc. I really want the best option for my personal goal without blowing my savings on nutrional help.
I am 5'1 at approximately 214 lbs (of awesomeness ) and 31 years old. Goal? Glad you asked. Size 8 or 9 and 60 lbs down my july. Working out 4 to 5 times a week. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Count calories precisely :smile: I do like to suggest exercise, too, because I do really like the 'move more' advice for lots of reasons. But 'more' doesn't have to be knocking yourself out. Just eat less and (ideally) move more, really. And have lots of patience! Good luck.
  • findingtherealme2016
    Options
    Yay for getting back on track! As long as you burn more in a day than you take in you'll be fine, all these fads come and go but learning how your body reacts to different food choices works every time! We have a similar size goal, only I think it may take me more pounds to get there than you. But if you want a partner in crime on this journey add me!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    All the different diet programs are just different ways to get you into a calorie deficit. You have to find a way of eating that will keep you under your calorie goal and keep you feeling satiated. Different ways work for different people.

If you aren't sure, try just eating what you normally would but watch your portion sizes. Log accurately and consistently, and make notes on how you feel - were you hungry all day? High or low energy? Start looking for trends. Where do you waste a lot of calories? On the days you ate your correct calories and felt great, what did your macros look like? Start tweaking from there and learn as you go.

I find pre-logging my day and batch cooking/prepping for about on hour on Sunday night are two things that really help me stay on plan. I also make sure I fit in my favorite foods on a regular basis - I have fast food for lunch on Mondays, and I eat pizza, ice cream etc on a regular basis, I just plan ahead and make the fit, it keeps me sane. Good luck!