BEATS

Options
tracefan
tracefan Posts: 382 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone wear the wireless beats or other brand while working out. I don't mean earbuds I mean the big headphones. I love earbuds for the size but the beats are so great for when I'm running.

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I see lots of people in our gym using them. I usually just zone out when running or working out but BEATS sound so great!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love mine. My husband has a pair too. An absolute gym necessity!
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of non-beats over the ear wireless headphones. I love them. They stay in place better than ear buds (in my ears) . The only down side is that the ear padding can occasionally get a bit sweaty. Not a big enough deal to matter to me, though.
  • rudy336
    rudy336 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :) just echoing the above post from csv1234. mine are actually amazon basics over the ear bluetooth wireless headphones. paid less than 20.00 for them and i love them. i had issues with earbuds popping out frequently when i was doing cardio, so i switched to the wireless. yes, the ear padding does get a bit sweaty, but no issues for me either :)
  • tracefan
    Options
    Do the over the ear buds hurt at all or are they comfortable enough for running??
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BEETS.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    What about the beats earbuds? Thoughts on those?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wear jaybird wireless, work great. Couldn't see paying a premium for Dr Dre's endorsement
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Do the over the ear buds hurt at all or are they comfortable enough for running??

I wear these. As @Packerjohn says, they are good, but not worth the money when there are plenty of other options. I got suckered in by the marketing, and while I use them all the time, I have much cheaper headphones that have equally as good or better sound quality.

I'd save myself the money if I could do it again. That said, comfortable to wear... sound quality 7.5/10
  • tracefan
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    What about the beats earbuds? Thoughts on those?

Maybe just me but I don't like earbuds because when I lay on the bench to press they fall out my ears. :/
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Agreed... Earbuds always fall out of my ears during cardio at the gym or running outside.

My BF has some beats and I've used them, like others have said they do get sweaty though.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I have the Bests wireless small over the ear buds. They do not fall out of your ear. I had the traditional Beats. But they were big and would sometimes get caught up when I did certain workouts.
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use a pair of Yurbuds Inspire 300s made by JBL. They are made just for cardio and workouts in general and are guaranteed to never fall out. I have never had a them fall out of my ear, but I have accidentally yanked the cord and pulled the earbud out of the rubber end piece that fits in your ear while the rubber piece stayed in my ear. I have been using the same pair for over two years with no problems. They have been on 20 mile runs in the down pouring rain and soaked in sweat and are still going strong. If they ever do fail I would not hesitate to buy another set or maybe upgrade to their wireless bluetooth product.
  • tracefan
    Options
    Earbuds always seem to fall out
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just got some wireless over-the-ear JBL headphones, but I lift weights so I prefer something that goes over my head.
  • tracefan
    Options
    Funny when I lift I actually switch to my beats earbuds. What a pain.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    gsh0824 wrote: »
    I use a pair of Yurbuds Inspire 300s made by JBL. They are made just for cardio and workouts in general and are guaranteed to never fall out. I have never had a them fall out of my ear, but I have accidentally yanked the cord and pulled the earbud out of the rubber end piece that fits in your ear while the rubber piece stayed in my ear. I have been using the same pair for over two years with no problems. They have been on 20 mile runs in the down pouring rain and soaked in sweat and are still going strong. If they ever do fail I would not hesitate to buy another set or maybe upgrade to their wireless bluetooth product.

Oh I'm glad you posted on those...I was wondering about them. I would think the sticky stuff might irritate the skin in the ear...any problems with that? Thanks :smile:
  • tracefan
    Options
    Thank you good to know
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    gsh0824 wrote: »

Oh I'm glad you posted on those...I was wondering about them. I would think the sticky stuff might irritate the skin in the ear...any problems with that? Thanks :smile:

They are not sticky at all. The fitting is made out of rubber and don't actually stick to your skin. When you put them in you have to twist them into place and the design of the fitting holds them there until you remove them.