UK Based - Losing weight with MFP and Training

Options
Good Morning,

I am looking to get some UK based friends on my MFP. I am new to this and am looking to lose 100lbs + using MFP for my diet and fitness.

If you want to add me up feel free, I am after as much advice as possible!

Thanks x

Replies

• a_j_paterson
    a_j_paterson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Good luck on your weight loss and fitness journey. What sort of exercise are you looking to do?
  • amyclarke217
    amyclarke217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Morning :)

I've been using MFP for several months now and have found it the best app for logging my diet. I mainly use the app on my phone and found the nutrition section particularly useful, for example I noticed that I wasn't getting enough iron, I took steps to remedy this and found that I had a lot more energy and felt better.

Personally I like to keep my exercise 'fun' so it helps motivate me to actually get moving. So I joined a local gym that offered free classes, I started out doing zumba once a week, then added more classes as I felt fitter and more confident. Last year I also took up salsa dancing (partner based) this also added a social element to my exercise, through this I have tried different dance styles and even gone away for weekends of dancing with my dance family.

Good luck.
  • KLJ3x
    KLJ3x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've used mfp before,sadly I've gained nearly two stone back.Feel free to add me :) I'm looking to lose about 20lbs for now X
  • CXE2017
    CXE2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm UK based and also looking to lose 100lbs :)
  • SlimmerTee87
    SlimmerTee87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Good luck on your weight loss and fitness journey. What sort of exercise are you looking to do?

Hiya,

I am looking at a combo of cardio and weights - I hate cardio so I think it would be best for me to mix it up :smile:
  • a_j_paterson
    a_j_paterson Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Hiya,

I am looking at a combo of cardio and weights - I hate cardio so I think it would be best for me to mix it up :smile:

I am the opposite I just can't stand doing weights. :smile: I do like doing BodyPump at my gym though as it is quite high paced weights, low weight high reps stuff, so a nice mix of cardio and weight. Plus if you do a class you can chat with others, mainly before, after you are too knackered lol

A good way to get cardio in is to use it as your warm-up and cool-down. 5-10 minutes is a good start. End of the day you have to enjoy it to keep going.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Im from Scotland and have used MFP for 3 years. I lost 60lbs and unfortunately gained 30lbs back last year so Im on a mission. I do a mix of cardio and weights but I love doing HIIT. It mixes them both up, you can never be bored and HIIT only lasts about 20 minutes before youve melted into a sweat pool on the floor!