Hello from Southern Ontario...

Options
Newbie here. Been on an up and down weight loss journey for 3 years. Originally lost 27 lbs and have kept most of it off. I fluctuate 5lbs and want to get that under control. The only way to do that, for me anyway, is to keep track of what I eat and know what I am putting in my body. Was with WW for all those years, and now, just discouraged with their new program and how much work it is just to log my daily intake. Found this site (someone on WW community mentioned how this site had more food entered, and she's right) so I thought I would check it out.

Replies

• hqureshi647
    hqureshi647 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Another newbie here. Trying to make sure I don't keep having to buy new pants.
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm also in Southern Ontario. I used this site over a year ago and lost the weight I wanted to. I got lazy and allowed myself all sorts of extras and put 3/4 of it back on. Logging again now really keeps me accountable and the food database here makes that a lot easier.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Canadian (Nova Scotia for me), welcome!
    This is a great site! I have been on here for a few years now. I use it as a social outlet at this point though.
    I did want to mention that fluctuating by 5lbs is normal. I can fluctuate that from day to day. It all depends on sodium intake (water retention), undigested food, etc...so don't let it cause you stress.
  • Page155
    Page155 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there SWO - I'm from Ontario also .... another newbie here ... I'm up 40 pounds from four years ago. Devastated at my gain but so glad I finally stepped on the scales. I'm committed to losing this weight and more ... goal 155 pounds by June!! ... and on the verge of turning 60. Looks like FP and I are going to be best friends :-)
  • PatDent
    PatDent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians. I'm from SWO also. I'm a newbie here but definitely not new to the gain and lose cycle. I've got 65 years of experience...not a good thing! I have attended a medically-supervised weight loss program for the past 4 years. Initially I had good success but have gained back all of my losses. I'm not giving up. I'll be satisfied to have a BMI in the Overweight rather than Obese range. To accomplish that I need to lose at least 30 lbs. I tried a gym membership. Not my thing. I have a really good recumbent bike and lots of resistance bands, dumbbells, DVD's, a Fitbit that I got for Christmas 2014 and haven't taken out of the box. I've also got a closet full of clothing one size smaller than I'm currently wearing.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    nice to see so many people from southern Ontario! Happy to add anyone if you want a support buddy.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Another Ontarian here. Just trying to get back on track after a long and brutally unhealthy hiatus. I have found that if I can stick with logging here on myfitnesspal, it becomes a great motivator, and by making it part of the daily routine, keeps me in check better as well.