C-Section stomachs?

Options
I have had 2 c-sections and currently weigh 204 down from 225lbs. My stomach hangs in the front and gives me a pooch I look at other peoples photos on here and even those who are heavier have much better looking middles! Has anyone lost weight after having c-sections does the stomach ever lift some or will it always look bad and sag even with weight loss? Aso was there any exercises that helped you rebuid the musces that were cut? I feel like my core is so weak!

Don't regret the c-sections because I had to have them due to issues my babies had, but just hate what they have done to me!

Replies

• QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Don't fret my daughter had a c-section and with cardio and weight lifting her abs are great!
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section and my abs are one of my favorite parts of my body. You shouldn't have a problem getting back to normal. First thing is cardio, cardio, cardio...that's what will help you lose the fat. Then ab workouts like P90X ab ripper X and others will help you tone it up. Just hang in there!
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine has actually started to look better. Not gone, but I have a long way to go!! I have the double shelf, where its above the cut then above my belly button and that is smoothing out and almost not an actual roll... just keep at it! :)
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I am working on the same problem..mine just hangs like fat.. despite losing all the 'baby weight' and THEN 20 more lbs!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think it takes time. I've had 2 csecs workout 5x a week at least an hour, do spin,cardio machines,sculpting classes,zumba,and pilates and I dont like the way my stomach looks. Its like I have a lip or something.

I'm not trying to discourage you but just say you are not alone. But from everyone else's post there's hope- thats a good thing
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    Don't worry. I've had 2 c-section and I still have the 5 month prego look when Im super full. Working out all of your stomach muscles will help along with your weight loss. Every one carries weight differently. I carry most of my weight in my hips. I just got my belly button/ waist measurement under 30 inches. I still see a sag in the lower stomach muscles and I know I can work that area more but Im hoping more weight loss will help.

Try yoga to help strengthen your core.When you are on the elliptical try to hold your body still and only move your legs (don't bounce). You can do crunches, sit ups, planks, running, rowing and there are more exercises that I can list.

Good luck.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    A lot of factors come into play besides just your c-section. How overweight you are and how long you've been overweight, also age is a factor. All of that will affect how much your abs and the skin bounce back. But until you reach goal and then give it at least a year after that you wont know for sure how much the skin will bounce back. It takes time..so you need to be patient...
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things, my poor friend is in the greatest shape of her life, but the muscle is dead in the C-section area because of her c-section, and she has loose skin there. don't think that is a super common thing, but it can happen.
    Best thing you could do is go to your doctor if you can, and ask about possible muscle damage, but hopefully its just taking some time to tighten up.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I talked to her, my first c-section gave me some pretty bad nerve damage ( still no feeling in the area 17months later) the doctor said since it didnt come back within a year it may never come back. As far as the muscle I think its pretty messed up to but hopul some stregth will come back. I have such a horrible sag, worried it could even look worse as I get more lose skin :(

But some the replies gave me hope maybe it will get better!
  • hdpotts51
    hdpotts51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same struggle after my 2 c-sections. I've been told its all about the cardio and it takes time for the skin to rebound. Fingers crossed.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, but with lots of cardio it's gotten smaller. The piece of skin that was hanging has also gotten way smaller. Not completely gone, but now I know that there's hope. Hang in there. Measure it as you're exercising and you'll see a difference. When I was just dieting and not exercising, I was losing weight but that piece of skin would get bigger and bigger. Now that I've incorporated exercise it's getting way better.

You're not alone! :flowerforyou:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Don't fret my daughter had a c-section and with cardio and weight lifting her abs are great!

haha i'm her daughter...no seriously, that's my mommy. But it's true. Cardio and weights will definitely improve. I noticed that I had a huge lack of muscle in my lower abdomen from the muscles being cut for the procedure. This takes time and dedication to build up. As far as your belly hanging over... a lot of times we think it's really "belly" but really just "belly fat". Skin is incredibly thin and eventhough you may not look like a VS model (but you never know... you just might!) cardio to burn the fat layer and muscle training and strengthening will do wonders... if you're bothered by the skin you can ultimately get it removed. Usually it's the fat layer that distresses people though...AND YOU CAN DO IT!! Check my pics out if you would like =)
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and another abdominal surgery. My stomach is fine... i'm sure yours will be too when you loose more weight.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ive had 3 c-sections....the more weight you lose the better it will be...plus time is a factor as well...it takes time for those muscles to strengthen up again....my youngest is 8 and although mine is far from perfect...its much better than it had been:0) Keep working!