Over 50, and fat

Options
hi, new to this......looking for over 50'ers who have slipped into a fat body, but refuse to stay there. I've got 50-60 lbs to lose, and my journey starts today.

Replies

• AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi luvleb. I have 65 or more pounds to lose. I'm 59. Used MFP 2 years ago with success, but unfortunately got off track and gained it back after another year. Want to do it again - this time I'll keep it that way! It feels so much better, lighter!!
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and also lost before with MFP and Weight Watchers. I prefer MFP, I can eat what I want and know what good food choices are. I've had a variety of health issues through the years and am finally at the point and age that I know I need to take care of my body and my health which is a gift. I have lost 17 lbs and need to lose another 70 or 80. The BMI for over age 50 is in the overweight range and I don't know if I want to be there or in the normal range. I'll see how I feel when I get closer. I already feel lighter and can fit into some smaller clothes. Let's do this!
  • jenandroxie
    jenandroxie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love all the posts! Same boat. 70 lbs to lose. Feeler sicker and sicker is no longer an option...
    Friend me and let's do this together!!
  • Page155
    Page155 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Thanks so much for sharing ... I'm up 40-50 pounds and am committed to being down to 155 by June.
    Turning 60 this year and I want to start this next decade feeling really good about myself. Strong, healthy and vibrant.
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yup. 55 here, and losing 50. Let's do this!
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    luvleb wrote: »
    hi, new to this......looking for over 50'ers who have slipped into a fat body, but refuse to stay there. I've got 50-60 lbs to lose, and my journey starts today.

Congrats for starting. I'm halfway way to my goal of losing 50 #. If you want to provide mutual support to each other friend me.

Good luck,
    Kevin
  • 2katlover
    2katlover Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi I am 61 and need to lose between 50-60 pounds. I am at 224 right now and my first goal is to get to 200. Hoping I can do it but it is not as easy as it used to be. Hoping to make friends so if any of you want to friend me, please do. I need all the help I can get.

DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP! (Jimmy V)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We have an Over 50 group here and it's the largest on MPF.
    We have a good time there too!
  • tipper65
    tipper65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone had my 60th and still working on the weight and muscle thing. Feel free to friend me if you are in my age group working on this thing love some accountability :0)
  • tipper65
    tipper65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have my grand daughter so much I am back in the mom phase and find it hard to give myself the time I need. I know if I don't take care of me I can't take care of her but she does need me. My energy is not what it used to be.