Best workout Time?

Options
Is there a certain time that's best to work out? Morning / Evening? Or does it not even matter as long as your doing it?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Personal preference.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The one you will stick with.

Some studies show a bit of a benefit from working out in the morning, but the workout you do in the evening is 100% more effective than the morning workout that you skip.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I agree. Work out when it is the best for you and you will be the most consistent.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Some studies show a bit of a benefit from working out in the morning, but the workout you do in the evening is 100% more effective than the morning workout that you skip.

This.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    4am best for me, I love my mornings
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I would stab a baby if I had to go to the gym that early...lol.
  • hellovickykitty
    hellovickykitty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I would stab a baby if I had to go to the gym that early...lol.
    Haha!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain time that's best to work out? Morning / Evening? Or does it not even matter as long as your doing it?

Whenever it fits in your schedule although it is probably best to exercise at the same time every day. Regularity in time and location helps to develop a habit that you are likely to keep.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Whatever time works for you.

I workout first thing when I get home from work in the evening. It's right before sundown, so I can get my run in before it gets dark (which is getting longer), and beat out any workday or commute stress before relaxing. My fiance is planning to start walking in the mornings before we leave for work so he gets it out of the way early (I couldn't imagine getting up earlier than I already do to fit everything in before work).
  • hellovickykitty
    hellovickykitty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It is whatever works best for you. I am totally not a morning person but working out at 4am ensures that it actually gets done, for me. I would totally blow the gym (or any workout really) off if I tried to do it in the evenings.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Before 10pm - gym closes.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I try to get it done in the morning to get it over with. If that doesn't happen (50% of the time) I'll do it after work.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Cosigned.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I prefer the morning, simply because if I go to the gym after work, it's muuuuuch harder to get to the squat rack, bench, or power cage. First thing in the morning? Usually not a problem.

eta: That pretty much goes for all of the equipment - in case you don't want those particular ones.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out after I get home from work. I go home, change, and head right back out the door. When I get home after a run or some weight lifting I'm so relaxed. Just do whatever fits into your schedule. Some days I'm able to go in the morning or early afternoon. Just depends on how the rest of my schedule for the day is going to go!
    Either way I find that working out helps me stay focused on my diet. If I feel sore the next day it sort of prevents me from skipping my tracking/weighing because I can actually feel what I'm working towards.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I find I workout harder when I workout in the morning. But sometimes a morning workout doesn't work with my schedule. So whatever works with your schedule is best.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Personal preference
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I prefer evening or afternoon. I don't have the energy to wake up and head straight to working out. I like eating my meals, do whatever I do need to do, then work out.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    When you can get it done. I work out after work because I want to get in as much sleep as possible in the morning. We do not have children and my spouse is still working when I get off and he has some time to decompress when he returns home (I am still working out home or gym), so it is a win win for the both of us.