Anybody prefer this over Facebook?

Options
hazman81
hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
i am no longer on Facebook because of the drama, but I really like it in here!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Completely different in my opinion and I keep my FB drama free.
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    I don't have FB at all. Drama can be found pretty much anywhere (yes here too) if you allow it to fester.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    My Facebook is family and friends only. I kinda like this better sometimes because I can post what I want and don't care about the 'judgeyness' of the people I know. If the people on my Facebook saw the "Ask Tracy" thread they'd probably never speak to me again lololol
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This place used to be so much better when your forum posts would show up on your news feed, I always forget where I post and my friends never come join the discussion....
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    My Facebook is family and friends only. I kinda like this better sometimes because I can post what I want and don't care about the 'judgeyness' of the people I know. If the people on my Facebook saw the "Ask Tracy" thread they'd probably never speak to me again lololol

This..... Besides I rarely go onto FB anymore. If I do, I get bored after scrolling for two minutes. I've seen all of the kids accomplishments, and the recipes. However... I do pretty much post what I want there as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm a professional in the business and industry for years and still many of my FB friends and family are trying to tell me how to get people how to lose weight. With gimmicks and MLM's to boot. Dr. Oz is a favorite of many. At least here, you can get some accurate information.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    kchuskey wrote: »

This..... Besides I rarely go onto FB anymore. If I do, I get bored after scrolling for two minutes. I've seen all of the kids accomplishments, and the recipes. However... I do pretty much post what I want there as well.

Don't forget about all the junk like "if you don't repost this you don't support our troops, hate kids with cancer, sick animals and America"
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    This over facebook. I rarely go on facebook anymore and not sue why I even keep that account.
  • ImNancyLynn
    ImNancyLynn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I cant remember the last time I was on FB! I like that this is a positive place to be with like minded people who want to be fit and healthy. I have made some really incredible friends here and have an amazing support system!!
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I also deleted my FB account last year after 10 years of being a "user". Best decision I ever made. People are much more positive here and are less prone to rant.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    yes, I deleted my account at the beginning of the week and find I spend better time doing constructive stuff, and learning stuff from MFP members!
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I keep my facebook only so that I can easily log into different websites without having to remember usernames/passwords. Otherwise, I can't remember the last time I actually used the facebook site itself. I think it was a few months ago where my mom kept pestering me about something stupid she put on my wall. Yup. That dumb internet picture was sure worth the 2 weeks you bugged me to look at it
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Facebook since May or June. I turned it back on for 1 month in December, only to remember why I don't go on it anymore. It's back off and I won't be back.
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually check this before I check Facebook. Only reason I have FB is for family who I do not get to see and they see pics of the family. Otherwise I'm on here! FB is so drama filled.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Not on facebook so cant compare
    Lots of flirting on these forums which is why i hang around
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Totally! I love being able to post whatever i want without judgment from friends and family!
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    kchuskey wrote: »

Don't forget about all the junk like "if you don't repost this you don't support our troops, hate kids with cancer, sick animals and America"

Oh My God.. Yes. Or the mundane status updates.. like "Having roast beef for dinner. Yay!"
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I say MFP is my "FB for Health and Fitness". Much better than FB. Life changing if you interact and seek active friends (and do the work:)).
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    KungFuArch wrote: »
    I keep my facebook only so that I can easily log into different websites without having to remember usernames/passwords. Otherwise, I can't remember the last time I actually used the facebook site itself. I think it was a few months ago where my mom kept pestering me about something stupid she put on my wall. Yup. That dumb internet picture was sure worth the 2 weeks you bugged me to look at it

I think I keep it mainly because of all the photos I have on there.