225 lbs Looking for some cardio at home advice

Options
Hi guys!, Right now I have to work out at home until the end of this month first before I start to hit the gym(need to clear work schedule etc) and it is way to cold to go running (always minus degree here) So I am looking some cardio I can do at home with this overweight. Any advice? Thank you in advance xx

Replies

• Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Get some dvds to work out to. I love Leslie Sansone, but there are many others available. My daughter likes Jessica Smith and of course there is also Jillian Michaels.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is what happened to me:

Started doing Leslie's Walk Away The Pounds. She has free walking youtube workouts. Did that for months. Then I started lightly jogging a couple of minutes and did that for a month or two. Now I've progressed to running for 30 mins a day because my stamina increased.

I tend to watch tv indoors while jogging, it doesn't seem boring at all. But if you're very overweight, start with Leslie's walking vids on youtubes until you're comfortable.
  • deviolantte
    deviolantte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you you both!! xxx
  • trainmanup
    trainmanup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you have the resources, I would highly suggest an stationary recumbent exercise bike. Put it in front of a TV, and have a show that you ONLY watch while working out. Make it a good show too so you're wanting to workout just to watch it. My wife and I did this beginning last January 1st, and I've lost 93lbs, and she's down 63lbs.
  • knucks32
    knucks32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Tiffany Rothe workouts. She's easy to follow and all her workouts are free on YouTube. I just finished one 10 min Booty Shaking one. It's my favorite
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender on Youtube is my go-to. If you go to their website, they sort their workouts by difficulty, time, max calories burned, etc.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I did DDR at home on the Xbox or Wii for a few years, and loved it because i always tried to beat my high scores which made me work harder and harder. I lost a lot of weight on that dance pad.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Plenty of workout videos on YouTube..
    Google HASfit..he has a ton of at home designed workouts
    Currently I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (also on YouTube)
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    I did DDR at home on the Xbox or Wii for a few years, and loved it because i always tried to beat my high scores which made me work harder and harder. I lost a lot of weight on that dance pad.

Oh man, DDR was the rage in the late 90s, early 2000s. Now I'm all nostalgic. I got a Playstation a long time ago for the sole purpose of playing DDR, lol.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I liked Jillian Michael's kickboxing DVD
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can look up some HIIT exercises to do at home to get you started. There are a ton available online on sites like pinterest, or blogs like this one https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/quick_weight_loss_HIIT/
  • complexicality
    complexicality Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

Oh man, DDR was the rage in the late 90s, early 2000s. Now I'm all nostalgic. I got a Playstation a long time ago for the sole purpose of playing DDR, lol.

I just (re)bought a PS2, DDRMax and 2 foam dance pads (for when the first one croaks) because I knew I wasn't going to drag my *kitten* to the gym during winter. I spent roughly $120 on everything but all in all I've used it more than the amount of times I stepped into my gym in the last 12 months.

If anyone is on XB Fitness add me :smiley: GT: x0Lexicality0x