Two Weeks In

Options
I feel good. I've kept at this for a solid two weeks now, and I feel confident that this is the tool that will keep me on track. I'm off to a good start with logging my food, walking, and shedding some pounds! I encouraged my husband, mom, and best friend to sign up, but to this point, I'm the only one really logging in. Since I'm on this site multiple times a day, I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself to the community, get some additional support, and be of some encouragement to others too!

I'm a busy mom of a four-year-old boy, a wife, and full time student out in Portland, Oregon. I'm pretty tall (5'11"), but I have a significant amount of weight to lose, around 160 pounds. So I'll be around this site for a while. :smile:

Good luck to each of you and I hope to make some new friends here!

~Sara

Replies

• mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find this site is great. I find it extremely helpful and informative. I also have several friends that I have suggested this site to, but no one seems to take me up on it. They all think they can do it alone, and, like me, they will probably find out that they can't.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    It's a great site, lots of great information and support!
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
    Best of Luck to you!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have tried MANY diets and fads and pills etc.... This place seems to be working for me. I hold myself accountable and so do my friends. We support each other 100%! Please feel free to add me for support if you would like. Good luckt o you in your journey!
  • FloridaHellcat
    Options
    Welcome!
    This site is great. I haven't been on that long either however it has helped me tremendously. Feel free to add me as a friend we all need encouragement in this battle.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site (I'm in PDX too)... I've found some great encouragement, and it is by far the longest I've ever been able to stick with my weight loss goals. I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this site, only 3 days, but have already found it an invaluable tool to help keep me on track. The members are very supportive of each other. I have 43 lbs. left to lose to goal weight. My plan is to lose it by Christmas, and Santa's buying me a whole new wardrobe if I do! I look forward to reading your posts and taking this journey with you!
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of good support and information here, and the people have all been fantastic!