When should I weigh myself ?

Options
Hello all
I wanted to ask you guys when should I weigh myself. I weigh myself on Sunday which makes it 6 days. I want to weight myself once a week since a week has 7 day would it be better to weigh myself on Monday or Sunday.

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to ask should I count only the last Sunday into my weekly calories consumed. I'm very confused could anyone help
  • RWC10025
    RWC10025 Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pick a day any day and stick to that .
    All types of rationale for weighing in before the weekend or after the weekend.

For years I've been a Tuesday weigh in .
    Keeps me accountable for how I eat over the weekend. ;)

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What RWC said - pick a day and a time and stick to it. I weigh daily, so I do it every morning after using the bathroom. But, when I weighed weekly it was Friday morning. No rhyme or reason to it (maybe I subconsciously didn't want to count any weekend binges - haha).
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, as long as you pick a time and day and be consistent. Once a week is good, really, since your weight will fluctuate over the course of the day, as well as day-to-day, so once a week gives you a good idea where you're at. I recommend first thing in the morning after you hit the bathroom, as most people are at their lightest then, but as long as it's at the same time, you'll get a more consistent range of data.
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every morning (after bathroom - like Bella above - every bit helps!!).

But I like to record my Friday morning reading.

Usually I've been very good Mon-Fri, but on Saturday and Sunday, life sort of happens where I'm out of the house a bit more with friends and family, and eating is harder to plan. Sometimes I go off-plan a bit (I still try to eat pretty good), but I'm not at my absolute best, and I can sometimes be up a lb or so.

I find it comes off pretty quickly once I'm back on track on Monday. I think a lot of it is just water weight.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I weigh myself on Sunday. I should count total werklg calories for 6 days. If I weigh myself on Sunday then I should calories last Sunday to satutday
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    When should you weight yourself? When you're the lightest, of course!

J/K Like others said, it really doesn't matter, just be consistent.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Same time of day on same scale naked. The more variables you can eliminate the better but weight is just a cumulation of everything in your body so it varies
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Does it have to be 7 days. I was thinking of weighing myself on monday. I would count Monday to Sunday is that correct
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be 7 days. I was thinking of weighing myself on monday. I would count Monday to Sunday is that correct

You can weigh yourself as often as you please. If you can not go crazy seeing the weight go up or down very slowly then there are apps that will chart your weight for you when inputting data.