Should I buy the Premium or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• redfoxmike0822
    redfoxmike0822 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer that one shouldn't have to spend any money to be healthy (except on good food of course). Giving money is just an excuse to stop... its the rationale "oh it cost too much, so I'm gonna stop". I'm sure it works for some people, but I really don't see the point
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Can you track fiber in the premium

you can track fiber unpaid.....

ask me how!!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can track fiber in premium.

you can track fiber in free too.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Loads faster with out the adds.
  • Brinad630
    Brinad630 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
    Chupiite wrote: »
    If honestly... I have premium and see no changes, only adds are gone..

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    It motivated me to keep using it. Plus it really is a good tool I wanted to thank the developers. But, if none of that matters to you probably not
  • angelmercury
    angelmercury Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, the premium fee overlaps with the other MapMy'something' apps. So if you have premium on MapMyWorkout then you also have premium in MFP (95% sure that's the case).
    I haven't used the other apps very much as they really should all be one thing, but I believe there is some extra coaching and better tracking options when you're a paid user. I'll be more inclined to pay when I don't have to shuffle apps, but I think that's their long term goal anyhow...
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    this app/site is barely worth free...i'd never pay for this mess. it's always been a little buggy, but it's way worse than it was a few years ago...

do you know any others?
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think (not sure) you can set your macros individually by grams, instead of getting a pre-set amount of calories by MFP without being able to modify the grams of macros you want...(we can modify the % of macros, until we find the grams we want but even like that it's inaccurate) and I think you can also vary the amounts each day, according to your training schedule i.e. more carbs on leg training day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If I was so inclined to need to add grams of quick calorie carbs, protein etc.. then I must be too lazy to look up the real thing, add my own entry or not being honest enough to log it properly...

I have thought I needed it a couple of times during my strength training to keep up with certain things, but in reality it had all I really need, along with honest logging and just some time to do it.

I might (I am saying lightly) do it if my diet warranted something it has in premium based on a doctor's recommendation, but in reality unless it can do blood work, check my glucose or something like that... nahhhhh...
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

You can also track fiber in the free version . . .
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options

But you can also track fiber in the free version. Just change your settings (under Food).
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    As for being able to set your macros by grams, I just do this mentally in the free version (I keep in my head the two macro goals I worry about hitting -- protein and fiber -- and compare them to what I've eaten on any given day). It hardly seems worth paying just to have those numbers show up on my diary as my daily goal.

And someone mentioned being able to quick add calories, carbs, protein, etc. Quick add calories is a feature on the free version, and there are entries in the database to quick add carbs, protein, etc.