High protein

Options
axanthialynette
axanthialynette Posts: 15 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Wondering what others do for high protein snacks, what are your go to snacks/meals for protein?

Replies

• mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you mean recipes? or adjusting macros?
  • axanthialynette
    Options
    Recipes/ snacks. Just looking for some different ideas
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    We need a more complete thought from you. Your question is too vague.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The walking bird of gains
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    High protein might mean something different to most.. Looking for recipes, snacks, need a certain amount for the day or certain meals??

But, lean meats (chicken, beef, fish, turkey), eggs (whites and whole), yogurt, cheese, this list can go on and on and depending on the types of food you like, you may or may not eat meat or diary..
  • axanthialynette
    Options
    Sorry I was too quick on it . Im looking for more high protein snacks than just the basic cottage cheese or eggs type thing . Just seeing what others do to get your protein in. I know about shakes and what not. I am told to get 60 grams a day.
  • rebekahsummer
    rebekahsummer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soy nuts are a great one, dry roasted edamame, or plain edamame, greek yogurt with berries, tuna salad made with greek yogurt instead of mayo, jerky (watch the sodium!), hard boiled eggs are great for on-the-go, and real homemade bone broth. Hope that helps!
  • AngelaH1225
    AngelaH1225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A few ideas I've tried...
    • 2 oz lean ham with string cheese and no sugar added yogurt is a good balance of protein and sweetness.
    • A quick tuna salad on Cucumber slices is also good and very filling.
    • A nut mix including almonds, roasted chickpeas and so on is filling and crunchy.
    • Of course, the yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup cottage cheese is a good standby.

:)
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Almonds, or almond butter with celery/rice cake/a slice of low calorie toast. Cheese stick. Hummus with veggies. Egg salad or hardboiled eggs. Roasted chickpeas. Greek yogurt with berries is good (I see someone else posted this, too). One of my favourite breakfasts, I also add chia seeds and/or quinoa to the yogurt for breakfast, which gives me protein, fat, carbs all in one meal. Very healthy and delicious (and filling)!
  • ZachBasanese
    ZachBasanese Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Toasted almonds, if you're not worried about fat content (it's good fat!). 10 minutes at 350f.
    Here are the stats for 2oz almonds: 323g calories, 11g carbs, 28g fat, 11g protein, 0g sodium, 2g sugar.
    Chicken really is the way to go, though. I bake it using simple recipes, then use some hot sauce and quinoa to liven it up (Quinoa also has a decent amount of protein).
    Here are the stats for 8oz chicken: 373g calories, 0g carbs, 8g fat, 71g protein
    , 191g sodium, 0g sugar.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    For me my protein comes from the following:

Lean meats (chicken (lots of chicken), fish (lots of fish), lean beef (96% or better)
    Cheese (low fat when I can find it)
    Yogurt (Dannon triple zero, 15 grams protein)
    Nut butters (almond, peanut in moderation)
    Eggs (both whites and whole)
    Nut mixes (Planters Blueberry Protein Nut Mix)
    Beef Jerky
    Pistachios, peanuts, almonds
    Pork Skins (golden flake bbq or sweet n spicy)
    Milk (in moderation, but good balance in nutrition)
    And the good old... whey protein shake... I use to meet my goal (which is over your 60 a day)..

Hope others post some yummy stuff too! :):)

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was too quick on it . Im looking for more high protein snacks than just the basic cottage cheese or eggs type thing . Just seeing what others do to get your protein in. I know about shakes and what not. I am told to get 60 grams a day.

With a goal of just 60g, most anything with protein will be a meaningful source for you. A glass of skim milk and a few slices of deli ham would have a good cals:macros ratio.
  • patrickm123
    patrickm123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Homemade beef jerky is my favorite