BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When i am very hungry it is air popped popcorn time
    Or a protein fluff
    Or jello.....frozen jello with fruit and yogurt
    Lots of jello lol And only 40 calories for a whole pack

I tend to eat 4 to 5 times a day
    But my main amount of calories i eat after 6PM ( about 60%)
    I fill up on veggies and fruits as much as possible when i have one of the more hungry days.

95069916.png
  • CSylviaMarie
    CSylviaMarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think one of the most important things we can do, if we are on a weight loss journey, is to find what works for us as individuals. For example, many people will say to eat many small meals throughout the day or to start the day with a good breakfast. Well, this doesn't work for me. When I wake up and eat, or eat often, I get into a cycle of hunger and cannot stay within my calorie allotment. However, when I skip breakfast and eat my first meal around 2-3 pm, it leaves me with a lot of calories to eat within a short window. I've learned to deal with the early day hunger and actually don't feel hunger on most days anymore. This also means that I often eat until close to bedtime. This has not affected my weight loss.

Anyways, I'm not recommending that people following my eating plan necessarily. I'm only saying that you need to find what works well for you. Btw, 1200-1300 calories may be too low for you. I started with 65 pounds to lose. If I was eating at your levels I would be feeling like I'm starving as well.

I usually eat my first meal around lunchtime as well, or brunch time at the earliest. But I can say because of my large water intake I'm not normally hungry. Today was a very unusual day for me. I'm usually under my calorie goal (not by much, but at least a little) and I usually feel quite satisfied. But when I do have off days like yesterday, I want to make sure I am doing at least healthy things to keep myself feeling satisfied. But i definitely agree that everyone is different and we have to find what works best for us. I'm really appreciating everyone's input though so I can try different things
  • CSylviaMarie
    CSylviaMarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When i am very hungry it is air popped popcorn time
    Or a protein fluff
    Or jello.....frozen jello with fruit and yogurt
    Lots of jello lol And only 40 calories for a whole pack

I tend to eat 4 to 5 times a day
    But my main amount of calories i eat after 6PM ( about 60%)
    I fill up on veggies and fruits as much as possible when i have one of the more hungry days.

95069916.png

Never thought about freezing jello....good idea!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I hate being hangry!!! I just hate it.. And the only thing to fill the whole is going to be something high protein moderate fat..

Jello would leave me, to chewing the other arm off..

Perhaps bacon will do the trick.. bacon cures everything.