Apple cider vinegar

Options
Has anyone used apple cider vinegar to help lose weight?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    No, but it's great in hot and sour soup.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It's delicious and I cook with it a lot, but I don't think it would really help you lose weight as a supplement. Great as a salt substitute though.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's not going to make you lose weight any more than any other kind of vinegar (which is not at all). But I have a recipe for chicken adobo that uses it and it's AWESOME!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Vinegar doesn't help you lose weight. Losing weight is purely a matter of caloric reduction. Your calories in must be less than your calories out.
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Vinegar doesn't help you lose weight. Losing weight is purely a matter of caloric reduction. Your calories in must be less than your calories out.

What if you consumed only ACV? ;)
  • scuba94949
    scuba94949 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went through a whole bottle of the stuff, 2 tbs per day. It doesn't work. I agree with Corey
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No but I don't need to use it to know it doesn't work.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Nobody in history has successfully used apple cider vinegar to lose weight. It's great in salad dressings, though.
  • Phoenix4me18
    Phoenix4me18 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever heard of doing this (it kind of sounds a little "fad like), but, I do use ACV as my salad dressing. It really brightens up the veggies and I find I don't really miss the typical dressings I used to use.
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take a shot of ACV before dinner most nights. I don't think it does anything directly to impact weight loss, however I do feel fuller a bit sooner. I admit it may all be in my mind though, but it doesn't seem to be harming anything so I've kept with it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    As a weight loss aid, no. But I do drink 1 tablespoon of ACV mixed with some water and lemon juice every morning. I have IBS and it helps control my bloating and indigestion. It has several health benefits that seem to be supported by research, and it's certainly not harmful, but it doesn't help you lose weight. Eating fewer calories does, though.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    it makes a great salad dressing but it won't make you lose weight
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I take a shot of ACV before dinner most nights. I don't think it does anything directly to impact weight loss, however I do feel fuller a bit sooner. I admit it may all be in my mind though, but it doesn't seem to be harming anything so I've kept with it.

Make sure you see your dentist regularly; acids can wear away tooth enamel, so make sure you aren't harming your teeth at your next dentist appointment.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options

What if you consumed only ACV? ;)

you pickle?
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Make sure you see your dentist regularly; acids can wear away tooth enamel, so make sure you aren't harming your teeth at your next dentist appointment.
    Yeah I usually follow it up with a large glass of water to help fill the stomach before the evening meal, which I sort of assume also cleans any residual vinegar from my teeth, although maybe I'll start swishing it like mouthwash to be safe. I did also start eating my meals a bit more slowly around the same time as well. I'm certain that the water and slower eating are helping as well so it's entirely possible that the ACV is doing nothing for the fullness effect, but it does seem like there's other health benefits to it and even if it is all in my mind it does seem to help, in a bit of an indirect sort of way I suppose. I've just gotten used to it and I kind of like it... like a silly sort of appetizer. ;)
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    It's not going to make you lose weight any more than any other kind of vinegar (which is not at all). But I have a recipe for chicken adobo that uses it and it's AWESOME!

Recipe please!!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Not for weightloss but its great for your hair
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No. I eat less calories and lose weight.
    I use apple cider vinegar in cooking where required.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I cut all of my salad dressing with it (1 part dressing, 2 parts ACV) and I rinse my hair with it (shiny) and no smell at all.
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Recipe please!!

+1