Looking for mom friends for support in losing post partum weight

Options
I am 17mths post partum. Been dieting and working out since last Feb. I lost pregnancy weight. Was down to 180lbs. Lost 15 lbs since June. Im now 165 lbs. Lately feeling frustrated with my body. Im sure you know how different it can be. Its like its been completely rearranged. And the weight loss is so slow. Its discouraging to see my thighs, butt and belly still sooo abundant after all this time of trying so hard. I know slow weight loss is best for skin to go back into place without sagging... but I feel frustrated sometimes.

Replies

• Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 13 months postpartum and trying to lose 40 lbs, I was only 15 lbs above.my pre pregnancy weight but packed on a extra 30 lbs this past year, I'm really disappointed with myself and don't.understand why I'm having such a hard time with it. After my first born I went from 250-120lbs in a year. The exact opposite is happening this time round and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with getting my tubes tied.
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 24 months post and have lost 30 lbs. I completely understand how having a baby and losing weight can change your body. I have 3 children!! Slow weight loss is best. And taking measurements is what keeps me motivated.
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 13 months postpartum and trying to lose 40 lbs, I was only 15 lbs above.my pre pregnancy weight but packed on a extra 30 lbs this past year, I'm really disappointed with myself and don't.understand why I'm having such a hard time with it. After my first born I went from 250-120lbs in a year. The exact opposite is happening this time round and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with getting my tubes tied.

Hey. I have heard from a lot of women that weight loss is difficult after getting tubes tied. Have you looked into having blood work done to rule out thyroid issues?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi, my youngest is 13 months, I'm doing a recomp, so no weight to lose, but still working hard to change my body.
    Any moms here can add me :)
  • dandymandyb
    dandymandyb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 and 1/2 Months post. Add me if you'd like
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2.5 weeks post partum. Have 40lb to lose. Feel free to add me :-)
  • lillyimh
    lillyimh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    16 months post with 40lbs to lose. Please add me! I really need the support too. My evil husband keeps bringing junk food into our home.
  • jessrainsb
    jessrainsb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 months post partum here. I was 240 during the last week of pregnancy. Down to 193, trying to lose another 20-30 but I always feel super hungry when nursing and have a hard time finding time to workout (this is my 3rd!:)) Any of the ladies here feel free to add me, I need some motivation!
  • amy84lynn
    amy84lynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months pp. Gained 33 lbs while pregnant. Still had about 18 pounds of it to lose at Christmas and was stuck! My husband got me a new Fitbit for Christmas and I started tracking my food again. I've lost about 7 lbs! But, I gained 30 lbs before getting pregnant and want to lose that as well. Your body really is just different after pregnancy. It can be so discouraging at times!
  • amy84lynn
    amy84lynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lillyimh wrote: »
    16 months post with 40lbs to lose. Please add me! I really need the support too. My evil husband keeps bringing junk food into our home.

My husband is a junk food addict! And I'm so weak! Haha.
  • CarlaMaxwellx
    CarlaMaxwellx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 months pp. Weight fell off me after the birth of my son. Went on the implanon and gained ALOT of weight finally took it out and ready to get back to my old self. Please feel free to add me could do with some motivation :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am way way past postpartum. Just want to say you ladies are doing awesome. I was 18 months pp before I even thought about getting my body back. So YAY you!!!
  • bameyers73115
    bameyers73115 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my baby in July. Gained 80 pounds
  • ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    13 months post with about 15 left to go. Please add me, my app won't let me add people.
  • Skydancer35
    Skydancer35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one for your replies and offers for me to add you to my support group! I believe I have sent you all a friend request. Sorry it took so long to get around to it. The app doesnt give forum notifications! And I only check it occasionally!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    4 1/2 months post here with 40ish pounds left to go. Feel free to add me.
  • nemieke
    nemieke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 26 months post partum. I'm looking to loose 20lbs.