Logging Preference

Options
Question: Do you guys log as you eat something OR do you log the whole day if you know what you are going to eat?????

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my meals the night before.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If the day is planned? Pre-logged. If the day isn't planned, (more often than not it isn't planned), I log as I eat.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Pre-log. After I workout in the morning I usually log my breakfast & lunch. I don't log dinner until after I've eaten it since my hubs is the one who does the dinner cooking. I never know what he's planning on making until I get home.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've started pre-logging some of my days and it makes meal planning and this whole dieting thing quite fun. Also on those days it is easier sticking to my calories.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    When I log, I log at the end of the day when all my food has been eaten. Usually soon after dinner when I still remember my numbers.
    It works for me.

Cheers, h.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I mix it up.

Weekdays, I usually pack lunch as I'm making breakfast, so I'll log my breakfast, lunch, and any snacks I've packed all at one time. I log exercise after it happens. Then I know how many cals I have left for dinner/ evening snacks and I log as I eat them.

Weekends are usually a bit more vague, so I log after I eat, but keep an eye on where I am throughout the day so I don't go too overboard in one sitting.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I find pre-logging a valuable tool on days when I am not able to exercise as much or if there's a bigger than usual meal in my future.

I don't pre-log on days I eat and exercise normally.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Both...and sometimes I log several days or a week at a time. It depends on what I've got going on and the food that I have available.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Mostly pre-logged, especially during the week when I'm at work, but usually I leave a little wiggle room and need to adjust a little as I go (maybe I had an extra cup of coffee, maybe I didn't eat my yogurt...etc.). Weekends are more logging as I eat, except for any meals that are pre-planned (especially if I know I'm having something calorie-heavy and/or there will be drinks....I like to get that stuff pre-logged to make it easier to fill in my day around it).
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Pre-Entry the weekdays....I just wing it on the weekends lol
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I pre-log because it gives me something to follow. It helps keep me on track.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I log the whole day prior to eating.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, then adjust as necessary throughout the day for accuracy.
  • Skytha
    Skytha Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I log as I eat. My meals and snacks are constantly changing, even if it just means changing one of my portions of food to add in something unanticipated. I like that feeling of flexibility.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I log after I've eaten... Weekdays are mostly the same for breakfast and lunch anyhow...

I log after I've eaten because I have a fitbit, and it will show me if I'm "in the zone" as the days goes on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I pre-log what I know I will eat (not snacks) and add snacks and adjust calories as I go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I logged I would plan out my day the evening before and pre-log and in most cases stuck to the plan, though dinner sometimes changed.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I typically log everything in the morning and try to leave a couple hundred calories for surprise snacks I may need. Weekends are different because they're usually unpredictable.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. I eat several small meals throughout the day and would have a terrible time remembering what meal I was on if I pre-logged.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I log as I'm preparing my food because I can't know in advance what is going to sound good to eat at that moment. Eating a pre-planned schedule of food just wouldn't work for me. And that's the key, doing what works for you.

10382200.png