SPLURGING OK?

Options
I love this dieting but I NEED to splurge once in awhile! I ate whatever I wanted the other day and I had it as a "splurge day" if I have a splurge day about once every two weeks, will I be alright? Will I still lose the weight? Please let me know what you do or how this will affect my dieting still. Thank you!

:] - Magnolia

Replies

• darlat74
    darlat74 Posts: 23
    Options
    I guess it depends what you call a splurge. If you eat all day and not count your calories I don't think that is a good thing. I think it's okay to have a big meal or a treat at night once in a while but in the end it is up to you. Sometimes an entire day of eating whatever you want will make it harder for you to get back on track the next day.
  • MAGWAG
    MAGWAG Posts: 5
    Options
    Yeah I hear you, That what I was maybe thinking because yesterday I ate my healthy breakfast and lunch, then splurged on dinner and deserts haha. It gets rough sometimes! I went 1000 calories over my limit haha, how could you recomend staying good but still eating about that much over if thats possible?

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING! :]
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I once heard someone say before, that eating healthy once a week never got you slim, so eating something fattening/high calorie once a week will not halt your progress.
    Saying that, if your splurge equals the amount of calories above maintainance, that you have burned in those two weeks then yes it would make a difference. eg: if you created a 6500 deficit over the 13 days and ate around 1700 + 6500 (highly unlikely) then be prepared to stay the same.
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to treat youself or "splurge" in order to make it less about torturing yourself. Grab that cookie, but write it down. If you don't write the treats or the splurges and be honest with yourself, then it's very easy to get back into the old habits.
  • MAGWAG
    MAGWAG Posts: 5
    Options
    AW THANKS GUYS! Yes youguys all have very good points I definitely like the idea of splurging one day wont make you fat just like eating healthy one day wont make you thin! Thats good!