How Dose A Female Build Muscle? Help

Options
13»

Replies

• MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    All i have to say is 30 day shred, i have hit my target, and built loads of muscles along the way! i have tones everyhwere and feel brillinat, give it a go, you'll love it xx
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've just started the 2nd phase of ChaLean Extreme DVD.... and I think it's great!

I never really lifted heavy weights before, and I found it a simple way to get into lifting - much easier than trying to desgin my own exercise schedule!

After completing 4 weeks of the 1st phase (Burn), I have lost 4.5 lbs & 7 inches - incl. 2 inches from my waist.

So, I say.... get lifting....
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump for later
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I bought Weight Training for Dummies and it was very helpful. This book answered my questions and had information on topics I hadn't even thought of yet. I liked the common sense approach.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/234432-if-you-think-you-gained-muscle-read-this

And this:
    http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

To Summarize:
    - You will not gain muscle by accident, it takes intentional work
    - Muscle size and muscle mass are not the same thing.
    - Muscle mass = muscle density and attributes to strength and power (think Olympic weight lifter)
    - Muscle size = build up of fluid in the muscle cells and attributes minimally to strength (think bodybuilder)
    - Gaining muscle mass typically requires lifting heavy (75%-85% + of your 1RM)
    - Lifting at this intensity automatically forces you into a lower rep range because you can’t lift a heavy weight as many times as a lighter weight.
    - The speed at which you lift can also be a factor in the amount of weight you can lift.
    - Faster lifting = the ability to lift heavier weights, which lands you in the lower rep ranges
    - Slower lifting = requires lighter weight and will land you in the higher rep ranges
    - The average male should expect no more than 1-2lbs of muscle mass gains per month
    - The average female should expect no more than ½-1lb of muscle mass gains per month
    - In most cases building muscle mass requires a calorie surplus, except in individuals with higher BF%