At the end of my teether!!! Help :-(

Options
I have been cooking veggie soup for over a week and having it for lunch and dinner, Why is homemade vegetable soup sodium so high? I thought veggie soup is good for you? I feel like I can't win!! Arghhh what can I eat?

I have not lost any weight in ages & I exercise at least 5-6 times a week, been under my Daily Intake allowance, had no Alcohol for 3-4 weeks, drink 8 glasses of water a day and drink every herbal tea under the sun, I sleep well go to the Sauna, log my foods.

Help, I'm at the end of my teether!!!

Replies

• musicgal8199
    Options
    What are you putting in your soup that makes it so high in sodium? If it's the stock that you're using, I'd suggest making your own stock to avoid the sodium issue.

Have you been exercising? I see you're going to the sauna, but maybe your metabolism needs that little boost from a good workout to help?

Good luck!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When you say home made do you mean home made?

Unless you are adding salt there's no reason it should be especially salty....tinned/canned soups on the other hand can be very salty.
  • stephijim
    stephijim Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem! I've never been stuck at a plateau this bad before! It's like my body just stopped responding to all exercise and calorie counting....no matter how healthy I eat! My friend told me to just keep it up...if we're doing what we're supposed to, our bodies will eventually catch up with us.
  • lmelksham
    lmelksham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you tried roast vegie soup. Roast all your vegies first...pumpkin, tomatoes, carrots, celery, etc, when they are tender blend half of the mixture with some water, then add the rest of the vegies. Tastes great and should not be high in sodium :smile:
  • ericcalaniz
    ericcalaniz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you had a cheat day in a while? It's counterintuitive, but sometimes if you go over your calorie count for a day (but still be reasonable), the scale may fall (NOT THE NEXT DAY but) over the next few days.
    Also, if you're working out 5-6 days a week and not losing weight for a while, there's a couple possibilities:
    a) you're working out really hard and lifting heavy weight, and you're gaining muscle at the same rate you're losing fat
    b) you're working out wrong