How often do you take body measurments?

Options
Do you take your measurements every 2 weeks or once a month?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing. Early in weight loss, probably once per month. When I was smaller and trying to get down to a low body fat, I was pushing it and curious so I took it more often. Now I'm gaining weight and do it once per week.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and take measurements the first of each month. I take a photo everyday though.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had been doing twice a month, but now that I think my loss may slow down I'm going to measure once a month.
  • Quantumn
    Quantumn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight, BF%, and BMI every morning.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to watch for fluctuations, but only log once a week on Wednesday. BF%, waist, bust, and hip measurements are done every other week. Progress photos are taken on the first of the month.
  • 19Remco80
    19Remco80 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For now, every day. I just started with MFP en I want to check ony my scale BMI, weigth etc. daily. I suppose when I'am in a degreasing flow, it will be less.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I weight daily and take measurements once a week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weigh weekly and measurements once month or every other month
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Pretty much nevuary for me :D

I just go by the fit of my clothes.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have not been consistent in taking measurements with the tape measure. In the past I have done it when the scale wasn't showing a loss and I needed some other marker to see progress. Sometimes 10 days apart but always at least once a month. I am going to follow this thread to see how others do and their reasoning.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    6 weeks
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I think I will weigh once a week and measure every month. :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I generally do it with every 5lbs that I lose as well as update my progress pictures. It's usually every other month.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get excited that my pants or shirts are getting loose.