Weight loss help

Options
I weigh 290 5'10 im trying to get a good size what would be some ways to lose weight cuz i have school and im tryig to prepare for the summer

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. That's it.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat less, move more. That's it.

That is the "secret"! :)

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    18 weeks til June at 2 pounds a week could put you at 254. Maybe 250 or a bit better if you are young (school) and male. IME guys can drop faster.

Set your calories on MFP to lose 2 pounds a week and stick to it.

As far as "a good size" that is pretty amorphous as a goal.
  • kelsi3107
    kelsi3107 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals and prepare all your snacks at the beginning of the week. It helps to keep your eating undercontrol. Then get into some exercise. Find a workout buddy. It's harder to let someone else down then it is to let yourself down.... Goodluck
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    kelsi3107 wrote: »
    Plan your meals and prepare all your snacks at the beginning of the week. It helps to keep your eating undercontrol. Then get into some exercise. Find a workout buddy. It's harder to let someone else down then it is to let yourself down.... Goodluck

is it easy to stick to meal plans @kelsi3107 ?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    sanrocha8 wrote: »
    kelsi3107 wrote: »

is it easy to stick to meal plans @kelsi3107 ?

This answer is going to be different for everyone. When I plan my meals for the week and then log them the day before, I find it much easier to stay on plan.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals the best you can, and exercise more. It sounds simplistic but that's the real basics. If it seems daunting or difficult, try starting with small goals and working up until these things become a habit. For example, start by planning your lunches and snacks, and then work up to planning all your meals. For exercise, maybe you can start with a goal of "I will walk 15 minutes every day this week" and see where that takes you, and increase from there. I started out with small goals this time around, and I've already been more successful with weight loss than in my previous attempts, probably because I set too high goals and gave up when I didn't reach them. Now almost everything is habit, I don't even have to think about it anymore.