Mince beef ideas needed!

Options
greyzie123x
greyzie123x Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
Was going to make lasagne for tea tonight, but the calories are huge!!! (as I've got to have garlic bread with it!) What can I do instead? (not dumplings as my son is fed up with those) I need to use the mince today. Any suggestions??

Replies

• seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Make home made burgers if the mince is lean. I make my own burgers and have one in a wholemeal bagel with salad. Feels like a treat as it's a burger but I know exactly what's in it
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Tacos?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd ban the garlic bread and still have the lasagne. How about making some chilli and having it with rice or in a baked potato?
  • greyzie123x
    Options
    Haven't had tacos for ages.Didn't even think about burgers! The mince is lean, so should be healthy (ish!) Hubby does the cooking so I'll see what he says when he gets home. I quite fancy tacos now....
    Thanku!!
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers with quinoa, couscous, rice, feta, etc.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you dry fry the mince first, then drain it, you are losing most of the fat. You can reduce the lasagne calories by just sprinkling a little parmesan on the top and not adding it to the bechemal, or even use leeks instead of lasagne sheets (see the Hairy Bikers recipe on the BBC website). Or as others have said ditch the garlic bread and have salad instead. If you "have" to have it because it is about to go out of date, bung It in the freezer.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Was going to make lasagne for tea tonight, but the calories are huge!!! (as I've got to have garlic bread with it!) What can I do instead? (not dumplings as my son is fed up with those) I need to use the mince today. Any suggestions??

Make lasagna using zucchini instead of pasta. Examples on youtube. =o]
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You can also use aubergine instead of pasta. Why do you have to have garlic bread?
  • greyzie123x
    Options
    Greed is my reason for the garlic bread I'm afraid.. Will definitely try the lasagne alternatives soon, but the chilli tacos won for tonight. Thanks everyone for your ideas - Greyzie x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Shepherd's pie.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lasagne made with courgette works surprisingly well!