What am I doing wrong?!

Options
Hello, I'm very new to this. I've been logging my food for almost two weeks. I've gained two pounds. I'm always under my calories, I have not gone to the gym but I'm going today. Can someone look at what I'm eating and let me know if there's something I can do? I'm really stuck and I'm really committed to losing weight it's just not happening. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Incorrectly measuring your food is usually the first thing to consider. Do you accurately weight it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • annebourne2
    annebourne2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bought a scale. What I can weigh I do, things like roast chicken. I do make homemade vegetable soup and oatmeal which I just measure by the cup do you think that could be the problem?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary to the public setting.
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bought a scale. What I can weigh I do, things like roast chicken. I do make homemade vegetable soup and oatmeal which I just measure by the cup do you think that could be the problem?

I weigh every single ingredient I use in my recipe. This way, home cooked foods are more accurate.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating,, but also depends on our expectations and goals. I go to the gym, I walk on the beach for a few hours 2-3 times a week, and have also started to work in aerobics. I was eating fairly well..would lose a few, gain them back. So don't feel "special" lol. I actually joined a new gym (have 2 now), that opened nearby as I want to increase my aerobic exercises...I have the time and often the energy. Definitely start to exercise, and maybe make sure you are eating more protein than carbs in your diet. The protein is harder for the body to digest so it is a longer last energy source, per se, while carbs tend to be more easily digested and a quicker energy source. Keep at it and let us know how its going. ...but exercise.
  • annebourne2
    annebourne2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've made my setting public, if anyone would mind taking a quick look and offer any tips, things I can substitute for what I'm currently eating I would be so grateful. Dressed and ready to hit the gym!
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You need to open your diary to the public setting.

^This

Also give us your stats: Height, Weight, Body Fat %, Gender, Activity Level,

These things paint a better picture of how to help, and where you could be going wrong. Also add a picture, it's weight talking to a non-descript human-like figure.