Help with breakfast/lunch/dinner

kamrankhaled
kamrankhaled Posts: 7 Member
Hi guys:

I will really appreciate if you guys share recipes for all three courses everyday. Well my wife tries to make something different everyday but she is getting frustrated as she started to run out of ideas what healthy choice is to be served.

Also it will be bonus if you can share any easy/readymade food meal so that a Master zero-chef like me can make.

Replies

• kamrankhaled
    edited January 2016
    This is what I ate last night..
    #BalsamicChicken #GrilledMushroom #SautedVeg #Spinach
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    I eat a lot of the same foods all the time. I only do food prep one day a week, so I make everything in bulk. I eat alot of chicken, pork and ground turkey, but use different spices so it's not the same all the time. Same thing with rice, couscous and quinoa. I buy different varieties to try and keep it from getting stale. You can make all kinds of breakfast casseroles just by throwing different meats and veggies in eggs. Good luck! ps: your dinner picture looks delish!
  • kamrankhaled
    Thanks for your tips.. Will share these with my Chef (wife)!!
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I can give you a typical days meals for me:

Breakfast - soft boiled egg, 1 piece whole grain toast with light butter spread, fresh orange slices, half cup of LF lactaid milk.

Lunch - I cup of homemade chilli con carnae with 2 T of chopped raw onion and 1 T of shredded cheddar cheese on top, hot tea.

Snack - 5 oz of fat free flavored Dannon greek yogart.

Dinner - 3 oz barbequed ribeye steak, half a baked russet potato topped with 1 T light butter spread, 1 T bacon bits and 1 T chopped green onion, half cup of steamed spinach, one glass white wine.

I try for each full meal to be 300 - 400 cals. I try to get my protein around 60 - 85 gms. I'm doing about 1300 cals per day. You probably need more than that.

The chilli is easy to make: it's 1 can each kidney beans & pinto, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can chopped tomato, 1 lb lean ground beef, 1 onion chopped, 3 garlic cloves chopped, 1 cup water, .5 T EVOO, 2 T chilli powder. You just saute the ground beef with the onion & garlic, drain the pan then dump in the rest and simmer covered on very low heat. I like it mild but you can always add more spices.

Hope this helps you and gives you some good ideas.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,626 Member
    By the way this chilli makes about 7 one cup servings.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I buy a bunch of different marinade and put a bunch of different meats in my freezer and mix and match during the week.. Yesterday was roasted garlic salmon fillets today is teriyaki cube steak.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Breakfast: lots of eggs. Scrambled eggs, eggs over easy, hard boiled eggs, omelettes. Oatmeal or quinoa hot cereal.

Lunch: usually some form of leftovers.

Dinner: baked chicken with veggies, stir fry (so easy!), ground turkey burgers with salad
  • meg_alexander7
    meg_alexander7 Posts: 2 Member
    These egg white muffins are the best thing I've discovered. You can change up the toppings however you like, they are quick and tasty, and even re-heat VERY well.

My most recent recipe:

Spray muffin tins with cooking spray(I use coconut oil spray)
    Add diced pepper and onion
    Chopped spinach
    1/2 tsp salsa
    Top with 1/3 cup egg whites
    Pepper to taste

350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I portion 2 muffins(100-120 cal total) in each sandwich bag.

To re-heat:
    Open ziploc bag, pop in microwave for 1 minute.

Enjoy!