HRM Watch

Options
SexyCook
SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
I am in desperate need of help with my new Polar FT7 . I received it a couple days ago and was very excited because I am thinking now I dont have to estimate how many calories I may burn doing a at home workout, circuit training at the gym, or even an outside jog.. I read the directions..wet it, place it right up under your chest. When I went to the gym it kept saying that it needs to find my heart rate and remain 00 at least every other 10 minutes..I got very annoyed by this..So I said let me try it again with an outside run..Same problem..I am so frustrated about the device..I read up on it got suggestions and was told that it was the most dependable HRM out there.. Is it that my upper area is a bit heavier than the normal. Please if anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work properly I would gladly appreciate it..

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You are wetting the gray patches on the sides?
    You strap it just below your boobs/bra and snap on the lil black part to the snaps
    Then put your watch on and then press the start button. I usually stand still while it tries to find it.
    Make sure the strap is tight enough around you.
    I would call or email Polar if you still cant get it :(
    Good luck.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's probably moving and losing contact. Try wearing it so the transmitter is on the left side of your back or move it down so it's not under your sports bra. The bra causes issues, definitely.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and the only time that happened to me, I discovered I didn't wet the sensors enough. Run the 2 sensor areas under the tap to make sure they are good and wet. Also, the strap has to be fairly snug, and sit right under your breasts. I notice that I have to tighten mine every now and then as I get smaller. :D Hope this helps!

Lisa
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7 as well. I had the same problem the second time I used it. I found out I wasn't wetting the sensors enough. If you're still having problems, there are places that sell electrode gel to help the connectivity.
  • JWALL101
    JWALL101 Posts: 60
    Options
    I have the sportline hrm watch. You just place two fingers on the bezel of the watch and it measures my HR. I read some bad reviews on the ones you have to wear around your chest. Plus my chest is bigger than normal so I just figured that it would not work. I would send the polar hrm back and get one by sportline, except get the one that allows you to enter you age and weight to get most accurate calorie burn. I did not get the one that lets you put your weight in and I regret it. I use mine to track how many calories I burn at work. I cannot wear mine at the gym because the band feels like it wants to break when I lift weights.
  • jdub2131
    jdub2131 Posts: 20
    Options
    JWALL, do you find the Sportline to count calories pretty effectively? I just bought one last night and set it all up (correctly, I believe) and it said I only burned 50 calories after doing 20 minutes of 30 day shred. I KNOW i burned more than 50 calories. Do I have to do anything special while the pedometer is on and counting calories?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This may be pre-mature, but try replacing the batteries in the transmitter. You may have gotten a bad one.. if that doesn't work, I would call polar to see whats up.

I have an FT7 too, and I haven't had that problem. Like everyone else said make sure your wetting it enough, the strap is tight enough and that your placing it underneath your bra.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have the sportline hrm watch. You just place two fingers on the bezel of the watch and it measures my HR. I read some bad reviews on the ones you have to wear around your chest. Plus my chest is bigger than normal so I just figured that it would not work. I would send the polar hrm back and get one by sportline, except get the one that allows you to enter you age and weight to get most accurate calorie burn. I did not get the one that lets you put your weight in and I regret it. I use mine to track how many calories I burn at work. I cannot wear mine at the gym because the band feels like it wants to break when I lift weights.

Polar is the best brand out there.. why would she send it back for another brand?

Also, the band won't "break" when you lift weights. I use mine during my strength training sessions with my trainer all the time and haven't had any issues. If anything, I'd return the one you have for one that lets you input age, sex, height and weight as those are the most accurate.