Weightloss question

Options
I was waiting to get on the scale till Monday but i was curious and hopped on. Is it normal to not see any loss the first week on a deficit???

Replies

• tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Yes. Weight loss is not linear.
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    :wink: no problem. A lot of things mask fat loss...sodium, ovulation, TOM, etc...
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Completely normal, in fact it may take a few weeks for the scale to move.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    new workout routines can also hide weight loss because of water retention with muscle repair. It'll come, just keep doing the right thing. Patience is the key to success!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Also - I'd advise you to take body measurements and photos now. Sooner or later, you'll hate the scale because of some useless reason (we all do!!), such as water retention. Having other metrics will help keep you in a good mindset on those day. Keeping focused is most of the challenge, so do everything possible to keep things positive.

FYI - I did not take measures and I'm so regretful. I've lost 30 lbs and the 1-3 lb fluctuations that I see on the scale make me crazy, which is just dumb (but I can't help it). I know I'm still slim, but wish I had body measurements as additional progress indicators. I'm a slave to the scale and that is not healthy. Avoid my situation.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    Also - I'd advise you to take body measurements and photos now. Sooner or later, you'll hate the scale because of some useless reason (we all do!!), such as water retention. Having other metrics will help keep you in a good mindset on those day. Keeping focused is most of the challenge, so do everything possible to keep things positive.

FYI - I did not take measures and I'm so regretful. I've lost 30 lbs and the 1-3 lb fluctuations that I see on the scale make me crazy, which is just dumb (but I can't help it). I know I'm still slim, but wish I had body measurements as additional progress indicators. I'm a slave to the scale and that is not healthy. Avoid my situation.

Agreed. Both are great to pull out when fluctuations drive you crazy. Helps remind you that you are making progress.