Frustrated with fluctuations

Options
I weighed myself last week-I was sooo happy to see 125 on the scale. (I'm 5ft1).
Weighed myself this AM-and I saw 128!
I know it's only three lbs difference, but I am so confused and upset as to why. I thought I'd at least be maintaining, I had a good workout last night, ate decent food with a light dinner.
I know weight changes, but I weighed myself at the same time of day, first thing when I woke up...
Could it be because I am almost TOM next week? I am on the pill, so I am not sure how much hormone changes happen for me...
Ugh!!!

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    hang in there, the hormone thing can make big changed in your weight - dont let it frustrate you, try not to be too taken by weight numbers those weeks. It will look better next week.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Some hormone changes still happen with the pill, so it might just be water retention. I gain 5 (and sometimes more) lbs. the week before my TOM (and I'm on the pill too). Remember, you're on the inactive pills at that time (or should be), so you're not getting any hormones from the pill for that week.

It's frustrating for me, too, but it goes back down the following week. I just don't record the extra weight that week. (Now, if it sticks around I know there's a problem...)
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a big believer of the idea that once you reach your goal weight, ditch the scale and start using a tape measurer instead! You will be able to tell if you've actually gotten bigger, as opposed to hormonal changes! Just write down all of your measurements and keep track of them each week or every two weeks! Hope that helps!
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    TOM!!!!!!!!!

Also if you worked out last night, your muscles will be holding on to excess water whilst repairing!!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If I had a nickel for everytime my weight fluctuated on the scale, I would be giving Bill Gates a run for his money. I have seen my weight change "5#s" in one day. Now I know that is no possible with my food choices, so I do not worry about it. I know that it will all balance out in the end. The scale is a tool to use in this lifestyle management, not the end all, be all. Your weight will change, especially during that time of month. If you drink 8 glasses of water daily, they add up also. You just need to stay in the fight and know that it is a long road to travel. You may have a few hiccups, but do not let the scale throw you off the journey. Keep on keeping on, and soon the scale will not be what you use to measure success, but all the new clothes you have to buy to fit on your smaller frame.

Much Success,
    E.
  • Ginabthin
    Ginabthin Posts: 1
    Options
    I can definately relate to your frustration. It's tough when you are excercising your butt off and counting calories and see weight gain. I experienced the same thing this morning for my weekly weigh in. However, i can tell you from WW experience that for whatever reason this does happen and most likely next week you and i will be a lot happier at our wiegh ins.....
  • whipdancer
    whipdancer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly normal for your weight to fluctuate. It's why they say don't weigh yourself every day.

Once you are at or below a given weight for about a week, then you've hit that weight.