Keeping on track?!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in Sep 2015 at 279 pounds. I am now down to 241. But lately I have no motivation and craving sweets and fatty foods so much. What do I do?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wow, that's almost 40 pounds in 4 months. Impressive. Do you feel like you need a break? Then up your daily calories for a week or two to allow for some normality in your life. Still log food. I bet you are on 1,200 cals a day. Hard to do for long term.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your success.

I would reassess my goals and where you currently are at towards reaching them, and modify/update as needed. If you don't allow the things you are craving, I'd look at working them into my calorie goals here and there. If you can continue moderate them being in, then continue allowing.

I've organized a few event goals that I'm working towards, which give me something tangent to push towards. For example, I want to participate in the Renaissance Mud Run, but to do that, I need to get into 5k shape (and then some). In a year, I'd like to ride in the MS150, so I have to get out on a bike. To get my healthcare discount, I need to get my BMI down to 27. They're event goals that have set deadlines that I'm pushing towards.
  • RainMedRecGirl
    RainMedRecGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I was exercising on my stationery bike 9 miles five night a week. The past two weeks I have been too tire and lacking motivation and have only been getting on maybe 3 days. I usually eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and then what I want at dinner just in moderation. So I don't feel deprived. But lately I sit and want candy and ice cream and fast food and no motivation but I still have the want too. I don't know what happened.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I was exercising on my stationery bike 9 miles five night a week. The past two weeks I have been too tire and lacking motivation and have only been getting on maybe 3 days. I usually eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and then what I want at dinner just in moderation. So I don't feel deprived. But lately I sit and want candy and ice cream and fast food and no motivation but I still have the want too. I don't know what happened.

Are you eating back the calories you're burning through exercise? I did close to 1,200 for a while and wasn't eating back enough of my activity calories. I was hungry all the time, tired, craving fatty and calorie-dense foods.

When I began eating to fuel my activity, I regained my energy, my hunger subsided, and my cravings went away. I continued to lose weight.
  • RainMedRecGirl
    RainMedRecGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [

No I'm not eating them back because I exercise at night before bed. I looked at my calories I apologize it's 1450 a day is is my calorie intake.

quote="janejellyroll;35123579"]

Are you eating back the calories you're burning through exercise? I did close to 1,200 for a while and wasn't eating back enough of my activity calories. I was hungry all the time, tired, craving fatty and calorie-dense foods.

When I began eating to fuel my activity, I regained my energy, my hunger subsided, and my cravings went away. I continued to lose weight.[/quote]

When I began eating to fuel my activity, I regained my energy, my hunger subsided, and my cravings went away. I continued to lose weight.