Date night!

Options
Tonight I am going out with my husband. While I will try to be calorie conscience, will it completely ruin me if I have one night of not stressing too much about food or drinks?

Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! Enjoy yourself and the time with your husband.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way:

Do you lose all the weight you want to lose in one day? Did you gain all your weight in one day?

• z_roar
    z_roar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine, enjoy yourself! If you're a daily weigh in person just be sure not to let tomorrow's number bother you too much. Generally (depending on what I have) I'm a few pounds heavier the morning after a night out but it comes right off in a few days. Enjoy! :)
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No don't stress about it, food is made to be fuel but it is also meant to be enjoyed...have a guilt free meal and just kill it in your workout tomorrow :-) (not ridiculously over exercise obviously, just a little extra oomph than usual)

Have fun! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself. Keep in mind that lower calorie dishes are as tasty as the fried stuff though! But even if you eat 1000 extra calories, that will be made up for in a couple days... no worries at all.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself! Have a fun evening with the hubs.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You need a cheat day every few weeks. Though honestly, you can spurge and still make smart choices. Besides if you spurge, just make sure you get in an extra long exercise session to close the night out with.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    How many date nights do you have? One meal of whatever you want every week or two won't make you fat, just like one salad won't make you thin.
  • blazincajun
    blazincajun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Our high school girls will be out of town for basketball games and my wife and I are going to try out a new restaurant called Country Boy's Cooking in Keysville, GA. Days like today I make sure that I do some type of exercise and eat lightly to leave myself a buffer just in case there is some really good food. Just downloaded the menu. Have a great day! Andrew
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will ruin you. You will be totally ruined. Beyond repair.

No, of course you won't be ruined. I wouldn't throw every good habit out the window but you shouldn't be stressing over food and drink at all.