Hello, I am new too!!

Options
Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Tracy from RI. This seems like an awesome site. Looking forward to getting to know you guys :smile:

Replies

• teascone
    Options
    Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Tracy from RI. This seems like an awesome site. Looking forward to getting to know you guys :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy from RI, and welcome! I'm in NH, but used to work in RI (WAY back) when I was in my late teens.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is great and you will love it!! Good luck and have fun!
  • Tntwwme1
    Options
    Hey, good idea posting your meals first and seeing what they amount to. Thanks for the tip. I read it on another message. Second day and I am still determined.

Teresa
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey, good idea posting your meals first and seeing what they amount to. Thanks for the tip. I read it on another message. Second day and I am still determined.

Teresa

I sometimes log my meals 2 and 3 days ahead, so that I know EXACTLY what I'm having and doing for exercises. AND, I always like to leave some extra numbers for Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream, that tastes just like the "real thing"!
    With your determination, and logging your foods, you CAN lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • hearthome
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandi from Virginia. I had help losing weight -- I had gastric bypass surgery on 08/12/2008 and have lost 80 lbs in those 5 months so far. I have 30 to go! But the surgery was only a tool - I still have to watch what I eat and exercise a lot. I need to find recipes high in protein and I need to figure out how to get my 64 oz. of water in every day.

Tomorrow I'm switching my exercise routine to the morning, before work, at 5:30 am! A co-worker convinced me and she is joining the gym tomorrow and we'll be going together. We're doing cycling tomorrow......

Sandi in Midlothian:flowerforyou:
  • teascone
    Options
    Awesome ideas!! Thanks so much.