bjj competition in march need to lose 10 lbs!

Options
yoniwe
yoniwe Posts: 12 Member
Hi guys, in the 5th of march i will attend my first Brazilian jiu jitsu competition!
I need to lose 10 pounds to fit into the bracket that i want.
Feel free to add me,its not my first time cutting weight but i would still like to get motivated and to motivate as well!

Nice to meet you all

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hopefully some of that will just be water weight the week before the competition
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    not to completely derail this but I totally missed the second "j" in your heading and was like what the hell!?!? that's something new haha didn't know they had bj competitions haha

anways... good luck in the competition! that's awesome! I wish you the best getting to the weight bracket you want :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    lol
  • yoniwe
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Good luck! Hopefully some of that will just be water weight the week before the competition

Thanks,i hope so as well.
  • yoniwe
    Options
    not to completely derail this but I totally missed the second "j" in your heading and was like what the hell!?!? that's something new haha didn't know they had bj competitions haha

anways... good luck in the competition! that's awesome! I wish you the best getting to the weight bracket you want :)

You made me laugh big time,thanks!
    I heard they have bj competition in japan bit who knows? Haha

I find competitions in general to be a great motivation when it comes to losing weight:)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! My son in law is an IBJJF competitor. It's a great sport.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's the only reason I clicked on this. I was like "what in the hell?"
  • yoniwe
    Options
    Good luck to you! My son in law is an IBJJF competitor. It's a great sport.

Thank you very much,yes indeed its amazing all around! Physically and mentally.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Talk to your gym. I'm sure your team can help you do this safely. Remember you will be weighed with gi on.
  • yoniwe
    Options
    kdogni wrote: »
    Talk to your gym. I'm sure your team can help you do this safely. Remember you will be weighed with gi on.

I did not know that,thanks!
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    yoniwe wrote: »

You made me laugh big time,thanks!
    I heard they have bj competition in japan bit who knows? Haha

I find competitions in general to be a great motivation when it comes to losing weight:)

haha that's what I do best ::bows:: lol yes they are a big motivator for sure. In all seriousness though, I do wish you the best of luck :D
  • motivated2419
    motivated2419 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do BJJ!!!!!!!!

I also do muay thai kickboxing.
    I LOVE IT!
    Minus the saunua weight cutting blah
    feel free to add me!
  • yoniwe
    Options
    I do BJJ!!!!!!!!

I also do muay thai kickboxing.
    I LOVE IT!
    Minus the saunua weight cutting blah
    feel free to add me!

Thats awsome! , will definitely add ,my sister
    To the pain of bjj:)
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yoniwe wrote: »

+1 I was like, what kinda crazy challenges are they allowing on the boards over here?!