not losing weight

Options
Hi
I am 136lbs and 4ft 8. I would like to weight 110lbs. I haven't been losing weight for almost two months now. So I decided to look at my weight chart. It shows that during July of last year my weight went down to 125lbs. I looked at my food log and it showed that i was eating under my calorie goal and burning at least 1000 calories a day. I stopped having burned that many calories. But now I'm not losing weight. I am still eating under my calorie goal though.i don't know what to do. Other than burning that many calories the only other thing that has changed was that now I'm trying to eat lunch on a regular basis. I am doing this because i figured out that when I eat lunch i tend to eat less for dinner and eat better overall. Can I have some suggestions please? Please and thank you for posting.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake?
  • tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A scale.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary for the last couple of weeks, most of your entries are measured in cups/spoons. Use a digital scale and weigh all solids, measure all liquids, you are most likely eating far more than you realize.

• tenkides
    Options
    I am using a scale but mine the only part that works is the cup and spoon setting any more.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tenkides wrote: »
    I am using a scale but mine the only part that works is the cup and spoon setting any more.

Then you need a new scale. You need to measure solids in ounces/grams and measure liquids in cups/spoons. You can have any number of ounces/grams in a cup of solid food. Just depends on how hare you smash it in there.
  • tenkides
    Options
    Ya well there really expensive in Oregon. The all more than $50. I thought of going to good will and buying one but I don't think i could trust it. Any other suggestions that I can do until I can get a new scale? Please and thank you for posting.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ya well there really expensive in Oregon. The all more than $50. I thought of going to good will and buying one but I don't think i could trust it. Any other suggestions that I can do until I can get a new scale? Please and thank you for posting.

Do you have the option to order items online? Amazon, for example, has digital food scales for as little as $12.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Digital food scales on Amazon.com can be as low as $12 with free shipping.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Eat less.

If you aren't losing weight then you are eating at maintenance level. Knock 100 off it for 6 weeks and see how you get on, if that still isn't enough then knock off another 100.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I bought one on amazon... and when I use it it seems pretty accurate.
  • 74rebel74
    74rebel74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I saw some at the Ross I go to for $7.00. Maybe they have them in Oregon stores.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Can you order from Amazon on line? I bought my Ozeri on Amazon for less than 20 bucks. Best investment I made for my goals.

Eating under your calorie goal as you say, would warrant a look at the food logging and not the exercise. I say this because I am runner and I can burn 800 calories a day and never loose a thing due to adaption. If you stop exercising or decrease it and do not decrease the calories you may plateau or even gain (like I did, I'm back to a deficit).

I now religiously logging everything.. I always weighed the food except I never logged condiments, creamer, the oil I cooked my food with, extra pads of butter, etc.. when you do not have a lot to loose and the deficit needs to be spot on, 100 - 200 calories of stuff can kill the deficit (I am really short so my loose weight deficit is really small)
  • tenkides
    Options
    No option for online, no ross eaither.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    No option for online? Do you live in Siberia?
    I bought one here at the drug store for less than $20, and I live in Canada where everything is 1.5x more expensive that in the US (especially Oregon).
    Are you sure you don't have any options? Getting a proper scale is the best thing you can do for yourself if you truly want to lose weight.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    People lost weight before home-use food scales were available, so it's certainly possible. You need to eat less than you are now, however you want to do that. Because you're using an inaccurate measuring method, you'll need to be careful that you don't compensate in other places, but really all you need to do is reduce your intake to see movement on the scale.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Walmart....there's one of those everywhere.

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Fred Meyers in Oregon for about $12.00. It's a Polder, and works pretty well. If you really can only use cup and spoon measurements, pick up a good quality set of measuring spoons and cups and make sure all your measurements are consistent. :)
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym or do you workout on your own? I'm wondering if it's possible that you don't have more fat to lose, and usually gyms have body fat estimators (it is a device you hold). My other idea is to question if you have enough muscle mass to help your body burn fat. If you aren't weight lifting or doing ab workouts, you might have lost muscle mass, which burns calories while you're resting.

I can't see your food diary, but is is possible you're eating too little? I would think you need a minimum of 1600 calories a day given your current weight and age, and probably more if you're burning 1000 in exercise.

Either way, varying your workouts and doing ab exercises should really help. You can totally do this at home. Also, food scales are great, but you can definitely do it without one, so don't despair.

Good luck!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Costco
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Walmart....there's one of those everywhere.

This.