Low Calorie Cocktails??

Options
I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend, going out with the girls, and I'm trying to find out what's going to be the best cocktail to have? I like apple martinis, but this thing says they're about 280 calories, my backup the margarita is 250! More than likely I'll have 2 drinks. Do you guys know of another drink that may not be as high in calories? I like fruity, non frozen drinks.

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My favs is a mojito, I know its really sweet, and not sure of the calories. I always get it with Soda (maybe thats normal though).

It is our birthday so I would just have your 2 favourites, its only one night x
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    sorry - its 'your' birthday (not our).x
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic is the most drunk you can get for fewest calories. That said, they taste like you're drinking a pine tree. I go with rum and Diet Coke.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I stay away from diet drinks and just use no-cal mixers (seltzer, club soda). A gin & seltzer or a vodka & soda are only about 65 cal. / each.

Not fruity, though, sorry... can't think of a single fruity low-cal bev.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I saw skinny girl margarita in the grocery store over the weekend...thinking about grabbing a bottle...can't remember the calorie count on it at the moment though...
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the places you'll go to will have to offer, but my new favorite is either orange flavored vodka w/ seltzer or 3 olives cherry vodka with light or diet cranberry juice. Not sure about the calories, and the orange vodka drink is strong, not really fruity per se. Have fun, happy birthday!

PS- don't behave! :laugh:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    There is such a thing as skinny girl margaritas. you can ask the server if they have them. otherwise, you can have them make one. all it is is tequila, tripple sec, and lime juice. it's like 100-150 calories per drink, depending on how big it is! i think it tastes better than a margarita made with sweet and sour. also, i tend to drink vodka and diet tonic with a lime squeezed in. or rum and diet coke. both have about 60-100 calories per drink, again depending how big it is and how much booze they put in it. happy birthday, have fun!!!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Check out this website:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

It breaks down just about every drink by calorie and alcohol content.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Any diet pop/soda water with vodka or gin would be less than 100cals per drink. honestly vodka/gin and soda water doesn't taste great, but i guess it depends on your reason for drinking. i rarely drink, but when i do, well... it's to get drunk, not because i like the taste.

Also, walmart makes sparkling flavored water that is good as a mixer (also 0 cal).
  • aat125
    aat125 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do a dark diet cola, you could try anything with calorie free club soda.

You could try one of the flavored vodkas, like -- orange vodka + club soda + twist of lemon/lime/orange.
    Another good one is -- berry flavored vodka + club soda + splash of cranberry juice + twist of lime.

Or the low cal version of a margarita would be -- tequila on the rocks + splash triple sec or Gran Marnier + fresh lime juice.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Most spirits are about 60 cal./oz.--so it's the mixers that really add up. That being said, I would just work out earlier in th day and burn 500 cal. so I could have the 2 appletinis.
  • io278983
    io278983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try a raspberry vodka soda water with lime. It's not the best tasting thing but you will get used to it after awhile. Plus being skinny tastes better than any fruity drink I can think of. It only has the calories of the vodka which I think is like 60-75 cals.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Wine, red or white, it is low calories and high in alcohol. :)
  • Amc681
    Amc681 Posts: 2
    Options
    go to hungry girl she has a lot recipes i like her
  • jasmin1310
    jasmin1310 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been drinking mojito's without sugar syrup - that way its very low cal. Its not sweet but after a few u can't really tell.
    Mint and Lime (guessing not much there calorie wise) + bacardi about 70 cals + soda water 0 cals, so all in all your about 70ish cals.

You don't have to drink cocktails you could have vodka or bacardi with diet coke (or other diet mixers)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Order a skinny margarita. They're making them in lots of places now. Where are y'all going?
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oooh, a skinny margarita?! What's that?

I usually order a dirty martini because it's lower in calories than all that fruity stuff. I've always read that margaritas are the worse drinks calorie wise.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options