Fit bit?

Options
2»

Replies

• tkbelz
    tkbelz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I received one for Christmas and I really love it. Mine is the the HR. It keeps me on track!
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Is it really making a difference in your weight loss? I'm deciding if I should get one or if it is just a waste of money

To answer your question--yes. Maybe it's because I'm data driven and I want to see what my steps, activities, calories, everything in front of me. Maybe it's because I'm competitive so my 'friends' and I are always doing weekend challenges, work week challenges, etc., to up our step game. Maybe it's because with Fitbit I have been more motivated to get more active.

I have lost 12 pounds so far, and do credit Fitbit with helping me along the way. It has been fun coming up with more creative ways to get activity in.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Is it really making a difference in your weight loss? I'm deciding if I should get one or if it is just a waste of money

It's great, but it is a tool. It's not doing any work for you :) I love how just wearing it keeps me mindful of my purpose and goals. All day!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have one (charge hr).

i dont really USE it though. i mean, i wear it. its linked to mfp. but i track everything IN mfp so other than random data.... it doesnt do much for me. i dont 'complete' with anyone or participate in challenges or even care about steps.

im pretty sure at some point I'll sell it. LOL
  • CS_Baltimore
    CS_Baltimore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Surge - theres no way it accurately tracks calories. I log all my food on MFP and sync it, and it always tells me I'm eating at a 1000 calorie a day deficit, when in reality, its probably less than 100. That being said, I love being able to see my heart rate, so when I strength train I know its time to do another set if my HR drops too low. Its also nice to see your steps - kind of motivates me to keep moving if Im slacking one day.

I'm looking for Friends to share some challenges with. Add me on here!
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit Zip and a Fitbit Charge. Love them both, feel free to add if ya'd like!
  • crabiecrab
    crabiecrab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got my One in Sept and have used it every day. Dr. recommended this site to work with my Fit Bit. I am over 200 lbs. and I am loosing wt. I bought my Fit Bit One to track my moving and sleep. Love it. I even track my food now so I am more aware of what and amount of food I eat.
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for almost a year, and my steps have increased dramatically. I love meeting my goal every day and participate in tons of challenges, which is a lot of fun. Feel free to add me https://www.fitbit.com/user/38CSPS
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me........ https://www.fitbit.com/user/3X6663
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options

It really depends on the user. Some people are motivated by more data, and for some it doesn't make any difference. I like it because I can see in black and white exactly what I'm doing.

Also: https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MZDVW

Yes, this. I need data to know how I'm doing, and entering exercise in MFP did not motivate me at all to improve. However, having a clear visual on how many steps I have made and still have to go? Works like a charm for me, and has drastically improved my ability to ensure that I stay within a calorie deficit in the months that I've had it.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to feel the little buzz when you hit your step goal for the day, especially if it is early on.

It is a nice motivating tool for me.
  • NASAwife13
    NASAwife13 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It was a good investment and has help a ton. https://www.fitbit.com/user/3XR52J
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR, too, and love it! I got it a few days before Christmas. It was irritating at first, as I do a lot of low-impact aerobics, and play a walk-at-home wii game, and it counts about 2/3 of my steps.... but after being aggravated about it, now I just shrug, and work harder. :) I figure that can't be a bad thing!
    It does count my outdoor walking accurately, though.
    I walk a lot, a minimum of 10 miles (20k steps) per day... if folks would like to add me, I enjoy challenges, also! :)
    -Stephanie
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3XM8QC
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Frelise wrote: »
    Question for you guys, does the Fitbit only work with a phone? I have an ancient computer and a Windows tablet, and I don't want to waste money on one if it won't work with any of my electronics. :neutral:

it works for the computer if you have the dongle thingy or if you have windows 10 its supposed to work like it does with phones,tablets,etc.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Ive had the charge HR for over 6 months now and I havent lost any weight with it. for me it doesnt make me more active either.so for me its not anything spectacular. now once it gets warmer things may change.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nice, @BernieMBurke ! Well done!
  • HubbaBlubba
    HubbaBlubba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Wife, Daughter and I have fitbits, and we compete in dailys, weekday and weekend challenges, so heck yes they motivate you. and to see the extra calories allowance hit Myfitnesspal from my flex automaticaly, gives me an extra sense of achievment, albeit i do not use them, I save them up for weight loss....lol.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I also have the Charge HR and I absolutely love it! Never really though of myself as competitive before.
  • mercuriopro
    mercuriopro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    its cool. Its important to show yourself the truth everyday
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ive had the charge HR for over 6 months now and I havent lost any weight with it. for me it doesnt make me more active either.so for me its not anything spectacular. now once it gets warmer things may change.

A Charge HR isn't going to make anyone lose weight. It's only a tool, one that some people find useful and others don't. No tool is going to make you lose weight unless you want to use it.