What am I doing wrong?

Options
I've been back on MFP for 3weeks now (first time was more of an experiment) and I lost 3lb in the first week but nothing since. I have set a goal for loosing 2lb a week so MFP gives me a calorie allowance of 1200. I have MFP linked with my fitbit to count steps. I am 8 weeks after having a cesarean section so am slowly starting to increase my exercise but starting with brisk walking. I am usually below my calorie allowance, including the little exercise I am doing and I am back to work. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any tips? I weigh my food in grams on a scale. Just confused and down hearted.

Replies

• mercuriopro
    mercuriopro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    first 6 weeks you are only burning sugar. It takes about 6 weeks to start loosing fat.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you will lose a little, some a lot, and some none at all. Keep plugging away and you will get there.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Are you breast feeding? You may need to up your calories to compensate for that. Just stick with it. Congratulations on your little one.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate your calorie burns?
  • mercuriopro
    Options
    It also depends on what you are eating. Check out ddpyoga.com and a documentary called "Forks over knives"...
  • mercuriopro
    Options
    This is what I am doing and it seems to work.

1. No more than 5% of carbohydrates in any supermarket food is a good rule of thumb.
    2. Could be 6 weeks to stop burning sugar and start burning fat!
    3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    4. Fruits only before 12 pm.
    5. Eating fat does not make insulin.
    FAT:
    Avocado. Salmon, trout, mackerel, sardines and herring.

AVOID!

Soft drinks, candy, juice, sports drinks, chocolate, cakes, buns, pastries, ice cream, breakfast cereals. Preferably avoid sweeteners as well.
    Starch: Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French fries, potato chips, porridge, muesli and so on.
    Wholegrain products are just less bad. Legumes, such as beans and lentils, are high in carbs. Moderate amounts of root vegetables may be OK (unless you’re eating extremely low carb).
    Margarine: Industrially imitated butter with unnaturally high content of omega-6 fat. Has no health benefits, tastes bad. Statistically linked to asthma, allergies and other inflammatory diseases.
    Beer: Liquid bread. Full of rapidly absorbed carbs, unfortunately.
    Fruit: Very sweet, lots of sugar. Eat once in awhile. Treat fruit as a natural form of candy.

• queenliz99
    Options

1. No more than 5% of carbohydrates in any supermarket food is a good rule of thumb.
    3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Soft drinks, candy, juice, sports drinks, chocolate, cakes, buns, pastries, ice cream, breakfast cereals. Preferably avoid sweeteners as well.
    Starch: Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French fries, potato chips, porridge, muesli and so on.
    Wholegrain products are just less bad. Legumes, such as beans and lentils, are high in carbs. Moderate amounts of root vegetables may be OK (unless you’re eating extremely low carb).
    Margarine: Industrially imitated butter with unnaturally high content of omega-6 fat. Has no health benefits, tastes bad. Statistically linked to asthma, allergies and other inflammatory diseases.
    Fruit: Very sweet, lots of sugar. Eat once in awhile. Treat fruit as a natural form of candy.

Stahp.

Disregard all of this.
  • queenliz99
    Options
  • crabiecrab
    crabiecrab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    once you are moving more your baby wt. will fall off. keep going and remember cardio 3 X per week with a 750 calories deficit each week. This is what Dr. said would work for me. every one needs that deficit to loose. He told me easy on the starch stuff and increase bulk like salads and fiber fruits like apples and to heal increase protein. Cardio could be just walking the dog or if it's warm out walking the baby, even if you have to walk inside of a building, I walk the dog and have a treadmill do 30 minutes each time.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

This. @mercuriopro is presenting you with a bunch of non-fact based ideas that don't hold up to scientific study.

Please read the thread posted by @queenliz99 it will be of great help to you.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Stahp.

Disregard all of this.

I read this and said WTF! Good call @queenliz99...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Stahp.

Disregard all of this.

Cosigned. All woo, not supported by evidence-based research.
  • bondybird007
    bondybird007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thank you. I'll take advice and keep plodding on...
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Ahhhh thats what I did wrong when losing 70 lbs and keeping it off for over a year now!
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    OP how are you measuring your intake calories and exercise calories burned, inaccuracy tends to be the most common cause for lack of weight loss
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ChrisM8971 wrote: »

Ahhhh thats what I did wrong when losing 70 lbs and keeping it off for over a year now!

Ahahah. You. I like you.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Stahp.

Disregard all of this.

Not supported by evidence-based research.... unless you of course consider The Art and Science of Low Carb.

But as long as you guys say it's BS, it's probably BS.
  • arcadedragon
    arcadedragon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you're eating back your exercise calories from walking, stop for awhile. Even fitbit tends to overestimate calories burned from exercise. You're probably eating more than you thought from that. It could also be water weight, or you arent logging some things/ log some things incorrectly.
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

3. Consume NO SUGAR!
    FAT:

AVOID!

Stahp.

Disregard all of this.

Not supported by evidence-based research.... unless you of course consider The Art and Science of Low Carb.

But as long as you guys say it's BS, it's probably BS.

You have to win the award for the amount of random posts you can fit your pro keto approach into today